Chapter 25

_________

Screams!!!!

So inhumanly, toture to the ears and could shrink an eardrum. The screams got him pissed off by each second, he felt like silencing the human permanently, after all, that was the plan. But he needed to feel it before his sorrowful end.

He proceeded gracefully to the other cell, taking each moment to calm down, or things might go south and eventually, they would get nowhere.

"Your highness!" His men greeted on sight. He acknowledged, his eyes fixated on the man strapped to the thorn called chair. The man immediately averted his gaze.

"Nothing?" The King said in a foreign language, which he and his men communicated in when needed.

"Nothing your highness. We could not get anything from him. He is not spilling out. I don't know what we can do again." Haruna replied in the same language, angered.

"Check on the other man, you know what to do." He commanded Haruna who was giddy to do his act.

"I know well, your highness." He smirked, bouncing off to the other cell. Violence is his nature, Rashid picked him specially for that.

"What is his name?" Rashid asked calmly, too cold for his nature. Everyone present there felt the dominating aura.

"For an assassin like him, I am surprised he has a name. Kalta, so he said." Tahir scoffed out.

"Kalta." He repeated, motioning to him. He scrutinized the man from toe to head, beaten beyond recognition, he was shaking. It was the audacity for him, gaining entrance into the palace from a reliable source and meandered their way into the royal quarters. He wouldn't want to imagine how their filthy hands were on her.

The first victim they got to was Hibba, he was glad they did nothing to her but succeeded in knocking her out. But he was still mad about it. He had dealt with threats like that from the past, as they always came for him. Switching the rein to his family members was what he couldn't condone, they had touched his weakness.

What really triggered him was 'What if'. What if something bad had happened to her? God forbid. The way his father died years ago kept replaying on and on in his head, and the life he had lived after, he wasn't ready to lose another family member in that kind of way.

The man coughed out blood, looking up to Rashid with one eye battered and one ear, he was almost covered in dry blood, a dreadful sight to behold. He had seen worse sights. He had instructed his men to not cut off his tongue, for he knew what they could do.

"Kalta," He repeated menacingly, "You know the reason why you are still able to breath, or else I don't give long lectures to people like you." The man started crying, surprising, even to him too. A trained assassin doesn't cry, they just face death whenever it came, unless he was an amateur.

"An amateur for that matter." Hamza mocked.

"So foolish!" His brothers joined.

"I assume you know from who sent you that I don't have patience for these kinds of matters. If you don't want hell, talk fast and repent," An ear-piercing scream vibrated the prison yard. His gaze went back to him. "Your brother in crime I assume, is gone. Your turn now. Who sent you?" He went behind him.

"Will you let me go if I tell you?" Kalta asked.

A dreadful look was delivered, "It's either you are dead, or you are not breathing anymore." The man was really pulling every nerve in him and he was on his last.

"Goodluck finding out." The man spat out in his amateurish way. Okay, he just cut the thin rope.

It happened so fast, the man's head swung backwards and an uppercut was delivered directly to his throat. He spluttered blood, struggling to breathe and speak, he gasped for dear life. His hands could not hold on his neck as they were tied up. He was not given the chance to recover before something watery seeped into his wounds. The man screamed charging up with the chair and landed on the floor. It was burning deep into his bones.