Chapter 11

Enjoy
___________

Dosha's eyes flung open instantly, a gasp escaping her mouth. The strange nightmares she seldom had, occurred again. Those strange faces that she had never seen before were there and alive.

She rolled to the other side of the mat adjusting to her environment and muttered some prayers under her breath. The sun was almost in the middle of the sky. She didn't know for how long she slept for, she was covered in sweat and her clothes had clung to her body. She noticed her hair was disheveled and her scarf was not where it was meant to be.

Sitting up, she let out a streesed groan and managed to brush her hair backwards, rubbed the blur off her eyes and stretched herself before standing up to pack up the mats. She was glad she slept, it was weekend and a free day for everyone.

'Knock! Knock!!' A loud knock landed on her door making her shriek. She turned to the direction and walked lazily to the door, unlocked it just to find Binta standing there.

Binta noticed the way she looked worn out and asked, "Na sa me ki lafiya? (Did I meet you well?)"

"Kin sa me ni lafiya (You met me well)." Dosha answered, scratching her nape as she ushered her in.

"You just woke up!" Binta noticed, looking at the environment.

"Hmm," She hummed in response, "And my stomach is empty." She added, she was indeed hungry.

"Bari in dafa miki abinci (Let me cook for you)." Binta offered walking to the kitchen side.

They were both silent, working in humming tones and grunts. Binta was beginning with all the cooking while she sat watching everything.

"Dosha, I want to speak with you about something." Binta said. She knew Binta came here for something.

"We can talk after food." Dosha replied.

"And you need to get your hair done." Binta said giggling.

"I know. I am just lazy." She replied brushing her hair with her fingers.

Her hair was not the kind of one to braid easily like other women's hair, due to it's sleek nature. If she braided her hair it always loose at the end and doesn't even last two weeks. Dosha envied their hair while they envied hers.

While Binta was cooking, she began tidying up her house. She was glad Binta was here, an advice on how to handle Haidar would be great. And she will be able to advice her on Mustapha.

The food was ready in no time and they ate to their fill, burping after drinking the last cup of water. They looked at each other and gave themselves a sly smile, giggling.

"Yanzu za ki faɗa mini me ya kawo ki? (Now will you tell me what brought you here?)" Dosha asked after clearing the plates.

"I need an advice," Dosha already knew that, "On Mustapha. Just tell me straight if I should continue with him or I should end everything with him." Binta answered.

"I will have to ask you. Why do you want it to end? So I will give you full advice." Dosha said.

Binta furrowed her brows. "He is stupid. Can you imagine? Someone I am not married to, he orders and commands me anyhow. When I want to speak, he shuts me up saying that I have no say in anything. He is rude and I am sure he got it from his mother, she is the same as him. He talks to me anyhow without filter, just saying anything that comes to mind. I prayed he would change but after a year, he is still the same. I was even stupid to stay with him for a year. I just wished I had accepted Nuhu that time when he approached me, but it is late now, he is married and now I regret it. Can you believe that he almost raised a hand to me just yesterday? What audacity from that animal of a man! It was then I decided that it is final, I will leave him. My mother didn't bring me up to fall at men's feet. I pray he would change so that those stupid girls throwing themselves around him will not end up biting off their finger." Binta blurted out in one go and Dosha felt her anger and was surprised.