17

I sigh leaning my head back as Taylor drives us to forks in her truck.
"You okay?." She asked me and I didn't respond. I can't respond to her questions right now.
My head is full of Jacob and Paul.
The words Paul said to me made sense actually.

Jacob is younger than me anyways so maybe he needs time to figure out what it is he really wants.

Maybe I need to respect his opinion give him space.
Maybe I tried to force something that shouldn't be forced.

Yes I imprinted on him but did he even imprint on me?.
My heart feels broken thinking that the situation I'm in is even more one sided than I thought.
One sided love, one sided imprint.

God I don't wanna even think about this anymore I don't wanna feel how I did a couple of days ago.

My mind travels to another person.
Bella.

I yelled at her because Jacob is in love with her and I couldn't handle looking at her and she kept pushing for answers like she always does but it wasn't in bad intentions or anything.
Looking back she was just trying to be a good sister and like always I let my temper get the best of me.

Or did she push my fucking buttons on purpose?.

"Are you gonna fucking talk to me or cry while looking out the window like this is some movie?." Taylor snapped me out of my thoughts as she looks back and forth to me and the road.

"Sorry it's just a lot of stuff I'm trying to process right now." I answered sitting up more in my seat.

"Maybe you should forget his ass and fix what's broken with you and your sister or don't I can't tell you what to do." She shrugged with a grin on her face.
"Taylor please just let me do this I can't be distracted because when I am I seem to make dumb decisions." I say moving to open the bag of chips I got when she stopped for gas.

"Whatever....don't get crumbs in my car."

Time skip

Taylor pulls up in front of my house and I look and see my dad's cruiser in the driveway.
"Welp here's your stop child and maybe your dad will be to sad to ground you." She adds seeing the look on my face.

"Yeah right as if he hasn't been through enough with Bella." I take my seatbelt off.
"Well good luck, you know how to find and talk to me." She said as I get out and walk to the door.
I look back as she waved and pulled off.

She could have waited till I got in the house before pulling off.

I find the spar key and unlock the door.
I walk in and close the door behind me making sure to lock it.

"Bella?!" I hear dad yell out and I roll my eyes.

"It's me dad." I say and hear him turn the game off and walk to the door.
He stands and looks at me with his hands on his hips.
"Before you say anything I just needed to get away dad I couldn't stay here and act like I was fine." Is all I say.
He huffs and look away from me before he gestures me to come to him for a hug.
I basically run into his arms.

He squeezes me in his arms and I can tell he's been throw a lot.
"I'm so sorry dad." I say but it comes out muffled.
"I know but you're still grounded." He said kissing my forehead.

He pulls away and ruffled my curls.
"Dad." I whine trying to move his hand and fix my hair.
Dose he not know this takes time and hear he is messing them up.

"So how long I'm grounded for?." I asked.
He rises an eyebrow and then walk into the kitchen and grabs a beer.
"Till graduation." He says and walks away.
"Dad come on that's not even realistic." He shrugs and turns his game back on.
I roll my eyes and run up to my room.

I walk in and close the door behind me and find a letter on my bed.
I walk over and grab it and see it's from Jacob
I sit down on my bed and hold the letter not opening it just looking at it.

I move and put it on my bedside table.

No need to read it I'm sure he said all he needed to.

I grab my phone and see it's dead.
I did leave it for a couple of days.
I put it on the charger and wait for it to come on.

I hear something and smell something overly sweet and like death.
A vampire.
I jump up and rush to the window and look out of it.
I get a glimpse of red.
I run to my door and lock it and then open my window and climb out of it.
I use the tree and jump to the ground.

I run to the tree line and shift before k start running.
It seems terrible out here.
All I smell is vampire.

I make it to la push and shift back using was I'm guessing is one of the boys shorts and oh wow there's actually a shirt here.
I walk to Sam's house and smell the food that Emily is cooking inside.
I can hear the noise of the boys.

I open the door and all eyes are on me.
"Hey guys." I say and embry comes and hug me.
I hug him back as the others come and hug me too.
"Man I'm glad your back ken hearing the arguments between Paul and Jacob has been terrible." Jared tells me.
I was confused.
"When Paul came and saw me he didn't say anything about fights." I shake my head and a leaf falls from it.
That's the least of my worries.

"Wait Paul went to you?." Sam said confused.
I nod.
"I thought you all knew." I say looking at everyone.

"Where is Paul and Jacob actually?." I asked "on patrol, been looking out for that red head leech." "I saw her by the house."

"We think she's after Bella she's been around there a lot and let's not forget we killed that other vampire." I was starting to zone out.
"I have to go." I say and run out the door.

I make it to the forest but I don't stop running or shift.

I don't wanna shift to much.

Suddenly I hear growling and huffs.
The guys.

I see a wolf come out and it's Jacob.
"Hi." I say out of breath but not from the running but just at the sight of him.
He looks away from me just as another wolf comes out.
Paul.

I can feel the tension.
Oh god.