Chapter 4

--- 4 ---

*Arianna Carlson*

Having coffee with Chase Lancaster was like sitting silently in the battle field with the enemy. He kept his gaze on me, thinking chocolate-knows what. I had to look every where but him because every time our sight met, I’d feel burns in my body, and I wanted to hit him because his smirk was irritating.

A little after breakfast, he excused himself, leaving me sitting alone. It wasn’t the first time I was noticing most of the ladies staring at us but now that Chase was gone, I noticed they weren’t stares of surprise but utter jealousy.

They awed and sighed silently when Chase passed them and a few even bit their lip. What was with them!? He is just a guy! A normal guy!

“Mrs. Lancaster?” my insides jumped as the waiter called me. He smiled at my reaction. C’mon! Nobody gets used to of being single one night and next morning be called ‘Mrs.’! I frowned and his smile faded. “Mr. Lancaster is waiting for you in the lobby.” He told me. Giving up the urge to shout I stood up and let the waiter escort me to the lobby.

“How much is he paying you for this?” I asked him but he just kept walking. So he was a slave. No doubt Mr. Lancaster can enslave anyone… but not me.

“He’ll be there, at the right.” He told me and left. I didn’t understand. Why was everyone being so English?!

Chase was standing against the wall talking over the phone when I reached him. He took his time, gently ignoring me talking in hushed tone very seriously. After approximately three minutes he turned back to me, putting back his phone. “Now we just wait for a while…” he whispered to himself, smiling broadly. God, he was irritatingly charming! At least that's what he thought!

“So now you can’t even walk up to me? You need your servants to call your wife!? I said sarcastically folding my arms over my chest.

“Sweetheart, I’d love to get in a fight with you but right now we’ve gotta go.”

“Not before you tell me where and why?”

He chuckled amusingly. “I can’t.”

“Why not?” I demanded, frowning at his smile.

“Because I don’t work for you… you work for me.” he grinned.

“For now!” I gritted my teeth. I fist itched to slap him but I wasn’t in a position to do so. Right now, he was my master and I was his slave! But not for long until he’ll see who he had messed up with.

Chase produced a branded sunglass from his pocket and held it out to me. “You’ll need this.”

“I want to know the plan first Chase, before you take me anywhere.” Not that I was interested to know what he will do with me, but I had to plan my next step accordingly. I hoped Junior had handled things at home.

“All you need to know is that out there, it’s my world… live it the way I tell you and you’ll do just fine.” For a moment I just stood stunned at the way he told me all of it. It was like he cared more about me than him or his plan. He said it like he meant to hold my hand while walking through the crowd of mean and crazy people.

He glanced at his watch and grabbed my wrist. “It’s time to leave.” With that he started walking. I slapped myself mentally for even thinking that a guy like Chase Lancaster could wow me.

At the main door, he nodded at the doorman who pulled the gate open for us but before stepping out, Chase took the glasses from my hand and forced them on my face.