Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 36

♪ Just wanna cut my hair, lose myself, make you sweat
Go out and get messed up
Find myself in your bed ♪

Max Verstappen POV

The cameras showed them together for a few seconds before they realized they should focus somewhere else, but I just kept thinking of her laugh and smile with him. Does she want him? Does she want me? Is her mind made up?

And that kept on repeating in my head for the next few hours; even as I left the paddock, she was a few steps ahead of me, talking to Daniel and laughing.

"Everything's alright?" Charles asks me curiously, and I shake my head.

"I won a sprint; I am pretty sure I am fine," I retort back with a pleased smile, and he rolls his eyes.

"You are also waiting for her attention, so I am pretty sure that serious expression comes from that. Don't worry; you will both be at the hotel and in your room in less than an hour," he whispers with a smirk, and I give him a threatening look. People around us aren't that dumb and dense; they know what is going on even if no one talks about it.

And Charles wasn't wrong. She was now in my room, and we both took a quick shower and waited for room service as she put my shirt on. I watched her sit by my side, and I gave her a small smile.

"Is there anything wrong?" She asks worriedly.

"No, should there be?" I am trying to get some information from her, preferably about him.

"Is this about George? I heard some comments; I think the cameraman got distracted apparently as everyone got ready for the sprint," she comments, and I shake my head as I play dumb.

"What George?" And that is when I knew I took it too far because she laughed. "Oh, Russell. That is fine; you are with Mercedes, it makes sense."

"Why are you playing it cool? Do you want to know anything?" She asks with a smirk on her face, and I feel like this was an even bigger humiliation.

"No, I like that you two remained friends. That's what you are, right?" I tried to sound confident until I just sounded in doubt.

"We are friends. There is no need to worry about George, but since when has your jealousy become this lowkey? You used to be way louder about it and clearer, too," she said, liking every minute of this.

"I was your boyfriend, I could be loud about it. You were mine," I admit, and she chuckles.

"Do you think I'm yours now?" She asks teasingly, and I look at the Red Bull shirt; the number 33 makes me smile.

"I would like you to be," I say expectantly.

"Are you mine?" The question surprised me.

"I am," my answer is honest, I had no doubt about it.

"I'm glad, because I'm yours. George knows we are something," she climbs on top of me and I smile.

"What is something?" I ask as my thumb traces her jaw.

"You wouldn't like me to ask in your place," she teases as she playfully smiles and I chuckle.

"You can do anything, but I will ask since it's how it should be. Will you be my girlfriend Sky?" I ask, that tangling nervousness still there.

"Oh, I will be your girlfriend," she kissed me, and I would've never stopped, but room service arrived, and we had to stop.

In all fairness, we were both starving, so it wasn't that big of a disappointment.

"We don't need to be public, right?" She asks, and I see a small hint of uneasiness on her face.

"Are you afraid of what people might say? I might be dragged through the mud for the fact we ended when you got diagnosed," I tried to calm her down, but that did the opposite.

"No! I will take the blame; I was the one who didn't tell you and ended it; it's only fair, to be honest," she says immediately, and I shake my head.

"No one will be stupid enough to talk about it. People like you are in the motorsports world, even if by connection to DTS. They wouldn't circulate that rumor. We will be just fine if we decide to make this public; people think it was an amicable split. We are just a couple who rekindled their flame, nothing more romantic," I say nonchalantly, I don't care what people say. I would protect her however I may need to.

"I don't want to hide it; maybe let's just do a soft launch; we will slowly make it public. Some paddock talk, going to the motorhome once or twice, leaving the paddock together. What do you think?"

"I will kiss you tomorrow when I win the race, so I think that anything you want, I will make it happen. Just tell me what you prefer love." 

She doesn't need to know I would do anything for her. I would marry this woman in a heartbeat, and I am more in love with her than I've ever been. I would give up my lifestyle for a life with her if it came to that point. We finished dinner, turned on the TV, and went to bed. I felt at peace again, and I don't care what people say; my life is with her.

I watched as she fell asleep in the middle of the movie she insisted on seeing; why does she always do this? It made me chuckle as I put her in a more comfortable position. The next morning, we ordered room service for our breakfast, which made it faster.

"Do you want a ride for the paddock?" I tried my shot.

"Sure, I don't feel like calling a cab," she says nonchalantly, and my smile widens.

"Let's go then," I say excitedly.

Pictures were taken, and some questions went unanswered, but I think it was all answered when she gave me a quick kiss before heading to the Mercedes' garage.

"Finally," Christian says with a smirk, and I try not to laugh.

"Shush," I tell him as I head to my engineer, and he laughs.

"Mad Max is now only mad inside the car," my engineer jokes.

"You have a wife; you know they can drive us mad more quickly than the damn car," I say before we start a more serious conversation.