Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 24

♬ Do I throw out everything we built or keep it?
I'm getting tired even for a Phoenix ♬

Skylar Abbott POV

I couldn't do this. I knew every feeling crossing his face and the way he was looking at me, this is not right.

"Where are you going?" He asks once I get up.

"Get some air, finish that up meanwhile," I say as I leave the bathroom, leaving the door open so I could look once in a while to make sure he didn't fall asleep or something else.

I looked at my phone and saw George's missed call and his texts.

I tried calling you.

I miss you, call me when you can.

I will call tomorrow morning.

Have fun at the party!

I'm glad you are fine. I will try to.

I put the phone down and wondered what the fuck I am doing here. Max never had an accident in years. Why now? Is everything really okay with him?

I got up and took a sneak peek at the bathtub and saw his eyes were closed. Which urged me to go inside.

"Max! Max!" I call him as he sits still. The moment I arrive by his side I go to touch his wrist to see his pulse and his hand grabs my wrist.

"Calm down, I am fine. I was resting my eyes," he says nonchalantly as he sat straight and our faces were too close for comfort.

"Asshole! Don't do that!" I tell him as I slap his arm and I try freeing my wrist, but he doesn't budge.

"Do you love him?" He asks as his eyes are glued to mine.

"You don't want the answer to that." I don't know the answer to that.

"Do you love him Sky?" His eyes were softer but the worry was there.

"I don't know," and I really don't.

"Do you still love me?"

"Do you still love me?" I emphasize the word as I wait for the answer and she takes a deep breath.

"I tried to hate you. I wanted to. It would be easier to hate you than to realize I lost the only woman I loved enough to marry. But then you came back in all your fucking glory. I excused it, making you the villain in my head. You took the money, a ring, and my heart. You were with me for interest. It all fitted. Until it didn't. Until Ava was the one who screw it up. And you were the love of my fucking life all over again, but this time he is the one you love."

His words were painful, every word made me feel like my heart was shrinking. What if the letter was there? Would we be together by now? Because I believe we would.

"Do you think I love him?" How can he be so sure when I am not?

"You are not the type to just fuck around with anyone. I know he loves you. I am not impartial; I prefer to believe you don't love him," he says honestly and he lets go of my wrist and I think he had forgotten it.

"Tell me you hate me, let's close it here," I ask him and he shakes his head.

"I can't. I wish I could, but I can't Sky. You broke me but I would take you back too quickly. That is not hate," he tells me as I see him looking away from me.

"You don't love me, that is impossible. Right?"

"Are you convincing me or yourself?" He had a smirk on as he made the question and I chuckled. It's one of those where I laugh so I don't cry.

"Maybe both," I answer as I get up and so does he.

I see the water descending through his body. He started drying himself with the towel and I wondered what would happen if I kissed him. Would he reject me or would he kiss me back? Fuck. If you are horny, you better call George. Not Max. Max is a no Skylar. Even if he is in front of you all wet. Nothing you haven't seen before.

It's not like he has given me the best sex of my life. He has but that wasn't called into question. I left that bathroom so quickly that I almost fell on the water by the floor and I heard Max sighing.

His room didn't have a couch so I laid in the corner of the bed, leaving the rest for Max. He appeared in just his sleeping shorts and I think he was just trying to tempt me, consider me tempted.

"You don't need to stay all night. My head is fine," he says as he approaches the bed, leaving only the bedstand lights on.

"I signed a form stating I would be responsible for watching you for the next 24 hours," I tell him as I turn my back to him, turning the light off in the process. I want to sleep.

"Right, good night."

I feel the movements as he enters the bed and I pick up my phone to answer the new texts George sent me, something about the party being good and Toto asking where I was. Yes, Toto gave Mercedes a party in Austria because it's his country. I don't blame him.

"You can't stay from him even while you are in my bed. You still have doubts that you love him?" His voice comes out with a hint of jealousy and I turn to him, he is sitting on the bed. I never thought he was seeing the texts.

"Maybe I do, it's none of your business," I say angrily. Why does he care?

"Oh, it is my business. Because I am the one who was left behind. You are the one who got away. Why does he get to keep you and I didn't?" I see the sadness in his face and I swallow my anger. Fuck.

"Max-" I call slowly as he lies down.

"Forget it, it's not worth fighting. I am sorry, I was just fucking jealous," he says as he turns his lights off.

I may be making another mistake but I let the phone fall on the bed and kissed him. Rejection was a thought but the moment he corresponded and I felt his arms pulling me close to his body I felt the relief. I know this isn't right to do but it's what feels right.