Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 10

♪ You're so convincing
How do you lie without flinching? ♪

Skylar Abbott POV

I am not dating George. I repeat: I am not dating George Russell. Thank you for listening to my announcement. George is very insistent so I just let him keep me company, he is actually funny so I appreciate it sometimes, most times he is a pain in my ass.

He is also playing with fire willingly, he knows what he is doing, it's not that I think Max cares about me but he cares about winning, and George being with me would somehow mean he lost. He and George are really not friends, especially after George almost took Max out of the sprint in Azerbaijan.

I was watching the qualifying session and weirdly in Q3 Max just seemed like he stopped trying, he got the second-best time after George and never got out of his garage. Something in me told me that Max was about to do to him what George did in Azerbaijan. He was very well capable of it. So I warned George a bit before the race, who didn't believe me.

"Max wouldn't be that stupid, he could risk his own race," George says after he laughed.

"Oh, come on, he knows how to do that and be right about it. Why the fuck are you both fighting like you are measuring the size of your dick out there?" I ask angrily.

"We kind of are and you know why. If he is jealous he can keep being jealous. I've said it once and I will say it again. I'm not going to wave him by just because he is Max Verstappen in a Red Bull. I will be fine," he assures me confidently as he prepares to leave the garage so he can go to the track where his car is.

"Good luck George," I say and he smiles.

"If I win, could I get an official date?" He asks as his smile grows bigger.

"You won't win, so yes. I just want you to survive the race, be careful when trying to overtake him," I warn him a last time.

"He is the one who has to overtake me, not the contrary," he says as he leans down to kiss my cheek and leaves.

I stopped everything I was doing to watch the beginning of the race. Max overtook George easily, his reflexes were better. George went to try to overtake him in the next lap and Max did exactly what George did to him. When Max finally got what he wanted, he quickly obtained a safe distance from the cars behind. And I hear George's radio

George: What a fucking asshole! Sky was fucking right!

This was obviously on purpose and I was glad to see George was able to continue the race, coming to the box to replace his front wing. Max ended the race in first, and George ended it in 5th even with all the time he lost because of Max. He was obviously pissed when he got in the garage after the interviews were done.

"You shouldn't have messed with him," I say feeling a bit guilty about all this.

"He can fuck off, I am mad that I lost the fucking date because of him, I will make him crash next time," he says angrily and I just laugh.

"You decided to play with fire and got surprised you got burned?" I ask amused by his angriness and he rolls his eyes.

"I will have a talk with him," he says calmly as Toto appears and calls him for a meeting and I smile as he gives me a little nod, Toto is nice.

I left the garage since the team received all the orders and the day was finishing. As soon as I leave the garage I see Max leaning in Red Bull's garage, he grabs my arms gently and brings me inside the Red Bull garage, people look but he clearly doesn't care while he leads me to an empty room.

"We need to talk," he says seriously and I cross my arms.

"About what?" I ask showing indifference and he rolls his eyes.

"About your little boyfriend," he answered angrily and I laughed.

"You know he is taller than you right?" I ask doubting his mental state at this precise moment.

"I don't fucking care about his height. I know he fucking called me an asshole and he said you were fucking right. So, do not talk shit about me with that guy, just keep my fucking name out of his mouth and yours too preferably," he is seriously mad and I can see how what George said on the radio could be misunderstood.

"Oh, come on. Do you think I even talk about you? I warned him about the fucking move you would do today, and he didn't believe it. Also, you are a fucking asshole, where is the lie?"

"Oh, fuck off Skylar. Do you think you are better than me?" He asks as bitterness fills his voice.

"I am not a fucking asshole Max, you are. This is not about me, it never was. This is about your wicked views that make you think you need to win everything."

"Win? I fucking lost. I lost a year and a half ago, I fucking lost you! I can't get that shit back! I lost a lot that morning so don't talk to me about winning or losing. I lost my goddamn mind a long time ago when you decided I didn't even deserve a fucking goodbye. You just took whatever the fuck you wanted from me and left me there!"

"I can't talk about winning or losing? Oh, fuck off. Why don't you? You are so fucking delusional if you don't know why I left. I took what was mine and left, I didn't take a single thing that was yours!" I spit back in anger, I looked up at him and saw his eyes were welling up with tears.

Max doesn't cry, not this easily. I felt the lump in my throat as I swallowed my own need to cry. I am not going to do it.