Ⲥⲏⲇⲣⲧⲉⲅ 2

♪ Just what you wanted
Look at you, cool guy, you got it ♪

Skylar Abbott POV

Being back in the paddock was like walking on a minefield. I was walking around with a hat hoping that nobody would recognize me, I didn't recognize myself anymore. I was hoping for the bomb to explode, I had a very public relationship with Max Verstappen, who is the reigning champion for the second year in a row, the rumors will start once I am recognized.

I had to come back, this job pays me too well for me to deny once again. They raised my salary in both offers they made me, one last year after I resigned and another this year. I took this one. I wish I hadn't but I need this. I also basically demanded to be paired with Mercedes. I am a producer, I started this job right out of university, my dad was a big help but my grades made it easy to be hired.

I met Max as I participated in Drive to Survive, 3 months later we were an official couple. I also left him the day after he won the championship in 2021. So it's over now.

"Hey, I'm going to eat something. Film George from that angle please, it will look better," I ask one of the videographers and he nods with a smile.

"There is no rush, they are almost done, you don't need to be here all day," he says with a comforting smile and I leave the garage.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" A familiar voice asks me and I look back to see Daniel with such a serious expression that it makes me gulp nervously.

"I am working," I answer coldly as I continue going my own way.

"Why? Why are you back now? Haven't you done enough damage?" Daniel's question echoed through my mind and I fought every fiber of my being so I wouldn't answer him. I promised myself to stay away from this shit.

"Have a good weekend Daniel," I answer as I keep an indifferent tone. This is hard, I thought I was going to be ignored, not this.

"Don't do this to me. You know I adored you, don't make me hate you Sky," he begs as he follows me and I turn back to him.

"I don't want you to like me, I don't care anymore. I don't care about any of this. I'm here for work, nothing more Daniel. I am sorry if I disappointed you but you are not the only one who was let down. Just leave me alone, all of you!" I say as I walk faster to the Mercedes hospitality.

I was there for at least an hour I was just scrolling through my phone when I saw George entering the place, the few fans who were there were ecstatic to see him and he sat in front of me as he smiled at them.

"They told me you would be here," I was obviously confused by his presence, I was intrigued by why he was being nice to me. I thought he and Max were on good terms.

"Why were you looking for me?" I ask as my curiousness was winning my will to be quiet.

"I noticed you were missing from the crew. Is everything alright?" He sounded actually concerned and I shrug.

"I was hungry, I ate so I am good. Why are you being nice to me? Aren't you friends with Max?"

"Not really, we are not the best of friends. I am in Mercedes so that is part of it as you can imagine," he says calmly as he gets up.

"I will see you at the second practice then," I tell him as I prepare to also get up.

"Where are you going?" He asks curiously.

"To our room so I can gather my thoughts on what to film tomorrow and Sunday so we are all set," I explain as I take my backpack in my hands and he shakes his head.

"Come with me, I can borrow you my room for some more privacy," he says as he points to the door that only drivers and allowed people could enter.

"I think I will pass, thank you George, that was very sweet of you."

"Can I see where Netflix's motorhome is? I've never been there," he is obviously curious so I nod.

He followed me through the motorhomes and we got to Netflix's motorhome, we have a smaller one for the crew to eat and rest between work.

"Here it is, it's not as big as Mercedes' but we don't have guests, it's just us gladly," I say after I show most of it.

"It's better than I imagined, away from crowds, hidden enough. Can I join you once in a while?" He asks as he tries to lock eyes with me, I look to my right and shake my head.

"Why does it feel like you are hitting on me George?" I ask as I cross my arms and I look up at him.

"Because I clearly am. Couldn't do it in 2019, I can do it now so I took my chance," his nonchalance was what surprised me more.

"I won't do this again, dating a driver is not my thing. You've seen how it ends, maybe you should keep your distance," I advise him as nicely as possible and his smile widens.

"I'm not Max so I don't believe that would end as badly. I will not pressure you, obviously, but I want to still be your friend. I like you Sky, you are a great person. I don't care what people say," his words were weirdly comforting, it has been a long time since someone had been nice to me.

"We can be friends George. Thank you for being nice," I tell him as he prepares to leave.

"I will see you in a bit then," he says before he leaves.

This year will be a tricky one.