Prologue

"Loki, what am I to do?" Althea cried,"I cannot marry that oaf of a man."

"There is not much I can do for you, in here," Loki motioned to his cell,"but I say you should tell Odin how you feel. He will go mad, but Mother will be there." He said, and she nodded.

"I wish I could get you out of there," She murmured,"You are the only one that understands me."

"None of this is your fault," Loki replied,"Rather I am free or stuck in a cell, I will always be here for you, little sister."

"I love you, Loki." Althea said, and a real smile made its way to Loki's face.

"As I love you, 'Thea." He answered, making her smile once more.

       Loki watched Althea leave, and he let out a sigh. She was going to be punished, and he knew she would, but he had to tell her that she needed to speak her mind. No god or goddess would ever be happy if they followed along to every rule and word others told them to do.

       Althea was Loki's favorite. She was like him, she was different from her family. She had magic, she was practically immortal like them all, and she was mischievous when with Loki. The reason she was different from her family though, was because like Loki, she had been adopted into the family. She wasn't Odin and Frigga's daughter, though she did have blonde hair like Thor. She looked a lot like Thor, but she had the strong personality and character like Loki.

        Anyhow, Althea went to the throne room to speak to Odin and Frigga. Like Loki, Althea was not a fan of Odin, but that was because he was very mean and hard on her. Althea was a real sweetheart, she was caring, and everyone could see how nice she was — even Loki, but Odin made her act differently.

"Althea," Frigga greeted,"How are you, my darling?"

"I need to speak to you both." She replied, and Frigga nodded.

      Althea was nervous, but for a moment she mind-linked with Loki, and he gave her the little bit of encouragement she needed. The young Asgardian turned to Odin, and made her face look as serious as possible.

"Father, I refuse to marry Prince Nokian." She said, causing Odin to stand immediately.

"How dare you refuse!" Odin spat,"I am your father! You are the princess of Asgard! You are to listen to me, and you are to do as your told! You will marry Prince Nokian!"

"No, I refuse," She retorted,"I would rather be locked in a cell for the rest of my life, than marry that man."

"After everything I have done for you, you refuse to marry the man that will give you what you need?" He questioned, his eyes narrowing.

"Yes," She nodded,"and he was not for me, he was for Asgard. He had strength that you wanted. He is an oaf of a man, and I will not marry him."

"You have spoken to Loki?" He asked, and Althea didn't answer,"Very well, if you are going to listen to Loki as if he was in charge and not a criminal, you will be treated the same as him."

"Odin, please." Frigga murmured, trying to calm him down.

"No, Frigga," Odin retorted,"She is a disgrace like Loki, and she will always be like him," He took a step forward,"Althea Odinsdottir, you are hereby banished from Asgard. You shall not return, and from this moment you will be as mortal as the beings on Midgard."

"Father!" Thor exclaimed, as he had entered the room a moment ago.

"You will not be loud with me, boy," Odin reprimanded,"Take her, and leave her in Midgard. Say your farewells, she will never be here again."

      Odin left the room immediately after, and Frigga ran over to her. She hugged her daughter close, and she let the girl cry. After a moment, Frigga pulled away and gave her a smile.

"Don't worry, my girl, you will see us all again one day," Frigga said,"and you are not completely mortal, you will have your magic, I will make sure of it."

"Come, let's get some of your things." Thor commented, pulling his sister towards her chambers.

"I did the right thing." She stated, causing Thor to frown.

"At the cost of your life in Asgard." He retorted, making her set her jaw.

       Althea grabbed a bag that she had hidden under her bed, and she placed dresses and shoes inside. She also packed a few books, trinkets, and keepsakes from Frigga, Thor, and Loki.

"Will you take me to see Loki one last time?" Althea asked, and though Thor knew he shouldn't, he agreed.

       Thor grabbed Althea's bag, as she grabbed the things she wanted to bring to Loki.

"I was not expecting to see you again today, sister." Loki said, as she approached his cell.

"I have been banished from Asgard," She stated, making his eyes go wide,"It is not your fault, it is Odin's. This will not be the last time you see me, brother. I shall see you again."

"It was not supposed to happen like this," Loki commented,"at most, you were going to recieve a cell near mine."

"He seems to hate me more, as I am a girl," She replied,"I have a few things for you."

       Althea slid the things through to him after getting the okay from Thor. She had handed Loki two books, a necklace, and a sketch she had drawn of them. She also handed him a letter, one she wrote before, when she seemed to know something was going to happen.

"We have to get moving." Thor said, causing Althea to sigh.

"This is not your fault," Althea told Loki,"I love you, brother."

"I love you, 'Thea." He replied, giving her a smile.

      He then watched as Thor lead her away. Loki felt like his heart was being ripped from his chest. Althea was his best friend, his little sister, and now she was going to be gone. He'd never see her again, or if he did, it'd be years from now. He hated Odin before, but now he'd never forgive him. Odin was dead to him, a dead man walking, and Loki was sure of it...