Chapter Twenty Two

× Epilogue ×

        Althea hadn't been feeling well for almost a week

        Althea hadn't been feeling well for almost a week. This wasn't something she was use to, considering she was never really sick when living on Asgard. It just wasn't something she dealt with, but she wasn't exactly immune to practically everything like she was before.

         Laura had realized that Althea had been ill for a bit, but she simply believed it was something that the kids had given her. The kids had the flu for almost a week, so Laura wasn't really sure if she was supposed to think it was anything else. Once the girl had been sick for a week though, Laura decided to make her a doctor's appointment.

          Althea didn't know where the doctor's office was, so Laura had to bring her and sign her in. When Althea's name was called, she asked Laura to go to the back with her. She didn't know how to handle a Midgardian doctor, so she wanted Laura there while she did so.

"So, can you tell me what's been going on?" The doctor asked, as she smiled at Althea.

"I've been sick for over a week." Althea replied, and the doctor nodded.

"Sick how?" The doctor asked, causing Althea to shrug.

"Nausea, vomiting, fatigue, bloating, and my breasts have been rather tender." Althea said, making the doctor nod slightly.

"Don't forget the mood swings." Laura joked, causing the doctor to smile.

"Well, from what I'm hearing, I think I might know what's wrong with you," The doctor commented,"Would you mind doing a pee test for me?"

        Althea agreed, though she had never done a pee test before. The doctor and Laura waited while Althea did her business. Once Althea handed over the pee, she was told ten minutes she would get results. Laura soon realized what the doctor was thinking, but she didn't want to make Althea worry if they were wrong.

         Ten minutes later, the doctor came back into the room, and a nurse followed behind her with a machine. Althea had no idea what the machine was for, but it freaked her out a little bit. For a moment, Althea almost believed that she was dying or something.

"Althea, from your test, I'd like to say congratulations." The doctor commented, making Althea's eyebrows furrow.

"Congratulations? Why?" She asked, causing Laura to grin.

"You're pregnant." She murmured, and Althea gasped.

"Do you want to see the baby?" The doctor asked, causing Althea to nod quickly.

         Althea was told to lay on the bed, and she had to raise her shirt and unbutton her pants to give more room. The doctor then put a cold gel on her lower belly, before using a wand to move around the gel. Althea watched with amazement, as a black and white image appeared. The doctor pointed out the blob that was small, but easy for Althea to see. The blob was her baby. Then, Althea was given the chance to hear the baby's heartbeat, which made a happy tear escape her eye.

          The moment Althea was let out of the doctor's office, she and Laura headed to the store to get a baby onesie and a pregnancy test. Laura had her do the pregnancy test to add to the box to show that she was pregnant. Althea was so excited, and Laura seemed to be just as excited as she was. The girls put the box together on their ride home, so they wouldn't have to put it together at home.

"Clint! Come to the kitchen for a minute!" Laura exclaimed, as they walked into the house.

        Althea sat the box down right as Clint walked into the kitchen.

"What did the doctor say?" He asked, causing both girls to smile,"What's in the box?" He added, feeling a bit more suspicious.

"Open it," Laura said,"It holds your answer."

        Clint narrowed his eyes, before he carefully opened the baby blue box. When he opened the box his eyes widened. Inside the box was a positive pregnancy test, an ultrasound photo, and a onesie that read "In progress..." with a green bar that was showing as though it was supposed to slowly move until complete.

"You're — you're pregnant?!" He exclaimed, as he looked over at Althea.

"That's what the doctor said." She replied, giving him a smile.

"Oh my God!" He quickly wrapped his arms around her,"We're having a baby!"

"Clint, do you have it?" Laura asked, causing the man to look over at her.

        He gave her a nod, before he rushed out of the room. Althea had no idea where he went, but he was back within a minute. He and Laura each grabbed one of her hands, as Clint held out the little, velvet red box and popped it open. Althea's eyes widened when she seen the beautiful ring that was inside of the box.

"Clint and I were planning to do this soon, but I think today is the best day for us to do it." Laura commented, giving the girl a sweet smile.

"Our beautiful Althea," Clint began, letting a big smile appear on his face,"Will you marry us?" He asked, and quickly Althea nodded.

"Yes." She answered, trying to hold back tears.

        It wouldn't be easy for them, and truth be told, they may never actually marry, but the ring would always signify that she was theirs, and they were hers. She'd always have them and always love them. Even if they could never marry, they'd always be her husband and wife, and she theirs. Clint and Laura would do anything to make the marriage happen though.

           They loved Althea, and they were excited to bring a new baby into the family. Cooper, Lila, and Nathaniel were excited to be getting a new brother or sister. Their second mom was giving them another sibling, and they were so thankful. They loved her more than anything in the world, and they would always love her, as she would them. They were the perfect, unconventional family...