Chapter Eight

Althea seemed to really like living with the Bartons

      Althea seemed to really like living with the Bartons. She learned new things the entire time she was with them, and she enjoyed her time with them. She hadn't heard anything from her family since she arrived on Midgard, and she was starting to feel more and more hurt by it. She was feeling hurt because it was like they forgot about her, but technically Odin did cast her out, so in a way she was supposed to be forgotten about by her family.

     Over the last couple of weeks, Althea started feeling different about Laura and Clint. She didn't know for sure what this feeling was, considering she had never really felt it before. In Asgard, she never really felt any type of way towards any guy or girl she met or knew. She had messed around with a few girls and a couple guys, but she never felt the way she was feeling.

       She kept her feelings to herself, at least, the best she could. A couple nights, she had dreams about Laura and Clint, which was something she definitely didn't have when she was in Asgard. Everything was different now, and though she was confused, she was still happy that she was finally feeling a tad bit normal compared to how she was when she first arrived.

         Althea use to read up on the theory of what dreams meant, but she started not believing it was true. She wished she remembered everything that she had read, maybe she could figure out what her mind was trying to tell her. Since she didn't know though, she decided to ignore the dreams and the feelings she was getting after waking up from them.

        Last night's dream was a bit more R-rated than before. She had woken up and had to get a cold shower to try and relax herself. She hadn't even had a dream like that before, and she had read plenty of exotic stories, even a couple that Loki had tried to hide from her. He was very into exotic stories, and though Althea was grossed out at the fact that her brother was into things like that, she couldn't stop herself from liking the stories as well.

       After that dream, Althea couldn't look Laura or Clint in the eye. It was completely her fault, but she tried to shake it off. It had only been hours ago, but she was still too nervous and anxious to completely forget about it. Honestly, she was embarrassed, and she had no one to talk to about it. She could talk to them with just about anything, but not this, it was way too embarrassing.

       Althea had stayed in her room for most of the day, the only time she was down was for food or when she needed something to drink. Lila and Cooper were doing school, and Nathaniel was content playing with his toys and watching cartoons. Clint and Laura had left Althea alone, since they believed she was working through something. For all they knew, she was feeling down  about her brothers and mother.

       After a few hours, Laura decided that she wanted to check on Althea. She hadn't really heard anything from the girl, other than the timid smile the girl gave her when she grabbed some food. Laura was worried about the girl, and she knew that Clint was, too. It was only natural, considering Althea had practically become a part of their family.

"Are you feeling okay?" Laura asked, as she lightly knocked on the open door of Althea's bedroom, causing the girl to jump.

"I didn't hear you come in." Althea commented, and Laura smiled slightly.

"You okay?" Laura questioned, as she walked into the room and sat down on the bed next to the girl.

"I had a bad dream." Althea murmured, and though it wasn't the truth, it wasn't completely a lie.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Laura asked, but Althea shook her head.

"I'd rather not," Althea answered,"it would be better if I didn't."

"Okay, we don't have to talk about your dream," Laura nodded,"but I do wanna know how you're holding up, since the last time we talked about...them." She said, talking about Althea's family.

"I still miss them," She admitted,"but I know that eventually I'll have to get over it. They've most likely forgotten about me, and I need to forget about them."

"No!" Laura exclaimed,"Don't forget your family, well, besides maybe Odin. Your mother and your brothers love you, and they miss you. They might not realize that you're hurting as much as they are."

"You really think they're hurting, Laura?" She questioned,"You think that they're hurting, but not bad enough to even try to send me some form of proof that they even remember I'm a part of their family?"

"Althea--" She began, but the girl cut her off.

"No, I'm being serious!" She exclaimed,"Loki's in prison! Mother, she's forgotten about me! She has magic, but she hasn't even tried to send me a sign! And Thor — Thor has the bifrost, he's come to Migard a hundred times before, but not for me! He's given up on me! They've given up on me! They--"

      Laura couldn't hear anymore. It broke her heart to see the girl so sad. She was heartbroken by the lack of support from her family. Laura heard the pain and emotion in the girl's voice, and she couldn't handle it anymore. Without thinking, she grabbed the girl's face and pulled her into a kiss. Althea was shocked, but it did stop her rant.

      When they separated, Althea's cheeks turned a flame red. She couldn't really look Laura in the eye, and to be honest, Laura had trouble looking her in the eye, too. Laura couldn't believe she had kissed Althea, not after her and Clint's talk the night before. She was surprised at herself, but she was even more surprised when she realized she liked it, and she wanted to do it again...