Chapter Two

Althea had to wait with Steve and Sam, as Natasha found a car for them to use. The moment the woman arrived with a car, Sam tossed Althea's bag in the trunk, and helped Althea into the backseat. She had never been in a car before, so it was really weird for her. She had been in a ship before, though she and Loki got in trouble for it afterward, but nothing like this.

"Are you hungry?" Natasha asked, causing Althea to shake her head.

"No, I lost my appetite after what happened with Odin." She replied, and the others gave her sympathetic smiles.

     Althea stared out the window of the car for most of the ride. She listened to the Midgardian music, which was definitely different compared to the music she was use to listening to. Sam, Steve, and Natasha talked amongst each other, but Althea would answer when they spoke to her.

     The four had to stop at a rundown hotel for the night for some rest before they could finish their trip. Althea wasn't really tired, but after a shower, she decided to get some rest. Natasha had gone out and gotten Althea a pair of sleep pants and a plain black shirt. Althea felt comfortable in the clothes, but it was definitely different from her normal sleepwear.

      Althea had a lot to get use to, since she was going to be stuck on Midgard for the rest of her life. She did get some rest, but it wasn't much. The girl had nightmares, which wasn't something she was use to. She had dreamed about what would happen in Asgard with her away. She felt terrified that she was going to lose her loved ones, and it would be all Odin's fault. There wasn't anything she could do though, and that's what bothered her most.

       The next morning, Sam brought food for everyone. The food was different, but it didn't taste bad. He had gotten bagels with cream cheese. It was actually something that Althea thoroughly enjoyed. She didn't think she was going to like Midgardian food, but so far she was proven wrong.

       After eating, everyone had to get back in the car and drive the rest of the way to their destination. Again, Althea stared out the window for most of the drive, taking in all the scenery. When they finally arrived at a farmhouse, Althea enjoyed the sight of it. It looked cozy and like a home, something she wasn't use to, considering she lived in a damn castle all her life.

       Althea nervously stepped out of the car, and Sam grabbed her bag from the trunk. She took the bag from him and carried it on her shoulder. Natasha lead them to the door, and she lightly knocked on it. When a woman with a kind smile opened the door, Althea started feeling a little less nervous.

"Nat, I'm so happy to see you." The woman said, hugging the other woman close.

"Laura, this is Althea." Natasha introduced, as she motioned to the pretty blonde next to her.

"Nice to meet you, Althea," Laura smiled warmly,"I'm Laura Barton."

"As it is you, Mrs. Barton." Althea replied, and Laura laughed lightly.

"No need for that, just call me Laura," The woman commented,"Now, c'mon in, everyone's excited to meet you."

       Althea quickly looked over at Natasha when she heard the word "everyone," but the other woman simply gave her a smile and a nudge. The ex-Asgardian woman followed Laura into the house, and she was brought to an area where there were three kids and an a man sitting together.

"Althea, this is Clint, my husband," She motioned to the man, and he gave Althea a smile,"and these are our kids, Lila, Cooper, and Nathaniel."

"A pleasure to meet you all." Althea greeted nervously, and the kids grinned at her.

"She sounds like Thor." Lila commented, causing Althea to smile slightly.

"She's Thor's little sister." Natasha said, and Lila giggled.

      Lila, Cooper, and Nathaniel greeted Steve and Natasha. They didn't know Sam much, but Clint did, so he greeted the three warmly. Althea felt a little jealous that they knew each other so well, but she knew absolutely nobody. She had been left alone, and not even her brother stayed behind to help her get use to Midgard.

"Althea," Laura grabbed her attention,"follow me, and I'll show you to your room." She commented, and Althea nodded.

        Althea held her bag firmly, as Laura lead her up the stairs and to a bedroom. The room was way smaller than her room in Asgard, but she didn't mind. She had a bed, and that's all that mattered. She also had other things in the room that she hadn't expected. She had a mirror, a closet for her dresses, and a dresser that held something odd on top.

"What is this?" Althea asked, as she looked at the object.

"That's a TV," Laura replied,"Clint got it from the thrift store yesterday for you."

"And what does it do?" She questioned, making Laura laugh.

"I forgot you're not from here," Laura murmured, before grabbing another object from the bedside table,"You press thus button to turn it on, and you can control it with these other buttons."

      For a few moments, Laura explained the TV to Althea. She knew it would take time for the girl to learn, so she only taught her the basics for now. Luckily, Clint had hooked the cable to the TV, so the girl would have a little less trouble working the TV.

"I know the room isn't much, but I hope you like it." Laura commented, and Althea was quick to wave her hand with a smile.

"The room is nice," Althea replied,"I was only expecting a bed, much less all of this."

     Laura smiled at her. Althea was so polite, but Laura could also tell she was very nervous. She just hoped that the girl became comfortable soon. She didn't want her being nervous and uncomfortable forever, it would definitely upset her. She wanted everyone to feel comfortable and safe in her home...