Chapter Eleven

Nathaniel had been clingy the next morning, seemingly feeling a little under the weather

        Nathaniel had been clingy the next morning, seemingly feeling a little under the weather. He only wanted to be held by Althea though, which was different to her, considering she never had a child feel clingy towards her. Yes, children liked her, but never to the point where they cried if their parents tried to pick them up off her.

       For the entire day, Althea spent most of her time with Nathaniel. She wanted to let him feel loved and secured, and if that meant being clung to her for an entire day, than she'd let it happen. Matter of fact, she was the only one that was able to get him to go to bed for the night. He didn't want anyone else, he just wanted her. Honestly, she felt happy at the idea of being so loved and needed by the tiny human boy.

        Later though, Althea made sure her hair was nice, so that she could look good for their at home date. She didn't change her clothes, since she had slyly wore her date outfit all day without anyone really catching on to it. She was dressed nice, but not overly nice, where she'd look overdressed, as though she was trying too hard.

"I made chicken salad for us, and cake to have afterward." Laura said, and Althea smiled.

"For this date, we'll just eat and get to know each other, just like any other first date." Clint informed, causing Althea to nod.

        Althea never really had a first day where two people would eat and get to know each other and that was it. Most of the time her "first dates" consisted of sweet walks around the area, then little kisses shared between the two. Depending on how fast Althea planned to go, sometimes things would go farther, but if they did, she never really planned to see the person again.

"So, are you the youngest of your brothers?" Laura asked, and Althea nodded.

"I was born last, but you'd think I was possibly the oldest by the way I held myself and did things." Althea replied, causing Laura to smile.

"Who were you closer to, Thor or Loki?" Clint asked, and though he hated Loki, he could talk about him for Althea.

"Loki," Althea answered,"He and I just understand each other. We were never Odin's favorite. Loki was the adopted son, so Odin seemed to think he wasn't as worth it as Thor was. Thor was destined to be King, while Mother taught Loki magic. Odin never really liked me either. I, much like Loki, had a nack for magic and mischief. Odin hated us for the way we acted, and don't forget that I'm a girl, so Odin really didn't have much going for me. He simply wanted me to marry who he had chosen, someone who would be good for Asgard, and bare children for the man. I guess you could compare it to the era of kings and queens in your time."

"Do you want children?" Laura asked, causing the girl to shrug.

"I never really thought about my future," Althea admitted,"I believed that my life was going to be picked out for me. I wouldn't get a choice, and that was how it was going to be."

"So, if you didn't want children with your husband that Odin picked?" Clint asked, making the girl look away.

"It wouldn't be my decision. I wouldn't be allowed to say no, and if I did...I would have children, against my own will if need be." She replied, and Clint shook his head.

"But now? Do you want children in your future?" Laura asked, causing the girl to shrug.

"I wouldn't hate the idea," Althea answered,"I'm good with children."

        Laura was only asking, because she wanted to make sure that if their relationship did get more serious, than maybe Althea would accept their children as hers as well. Maybe in the future, the three of them could have a child of their own, and Laura felt like her body couldn't handle another pregnancy. If their relationship did get to that point, than she knew that Althea would want to bare a child herself, and she wouldn't hate the idea of more children.

"Did you ever have a dream profession in mind?" Clint asked, making her shake her head.

"Not really, I always simply liked the idea of using my magic and reading everyday, well, that and training with my weapons. I was rather fast and quiet." She replied, shrugging her shoulders slightly.

"You were really hot in your armor." Laura complimented, and Althea's cheeks went pink.

      She had a few people compliment her many times, especially when she was in her armor, but this was different. Clint and Laura made her feel different when they complimented her. They made her feel warm inside, and she liked feeling that way. It wasn't something she was use to, but she was willing to get use to it from them.

"Clint," Althea turned to the man,"I hope that one day you'd forgive my brother for all of the stupid things he did. I'm sorry for what he did to you, and I hope that you believe that he's sorry, too. He's just not good at saying it or showing it, for that matter."

"I'll try," He answered,"for you."

       Althea felt her heart skip a beat. She didn't want him to only forgive Loki for her, but if that was the only way she could get him to forgive her brother, than she'd deal with it. She just didn't want the guilt to forever be on her or Loki's conscious, especially considering Loki would have to deal with the guilt while locked in a cell for many more years. She just hoped that one day he'd be out, otherwise the punishment Odin gave would be far more barbaric than she ever thought possible...