038. DEATH PENALTY

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section 14, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty." The judge smacked the gavel down onto her desk, dismissing everyone from the court.

"No, no, no, no." Scarlett ran her hands through her hair in disbelief. The death penalty? He didn't even do it.

"Your Honor, he's seventeen." JJ stood up and he yelled at the judge.

"Stop," Pope muttered to the boy.

"Quiet." The judge yelled back at JJ.

"He's seventeen! Are you kidding me?" The blonde boy continued to yell as Pope began pushing the boy towards the exit. "Hey, John B, we're gonna figure it out," JJ yelled to the brunette.

"John B! John B!" Sarah cried out her boyfriend's name as she started towards him. "John B! No!" She cried when an officer began pulling her back.

"Stop! Don't touch her!" Scarlett charged towards the officer and pushed him away from her sister. "Cone on, Sar. Let's get out of here." She grabbed her twin's hand as they started towards the exit.

"Is this a joke? Like, are we in hell or..?" Kie spoke in disbelief as the five teenagers wandered out of the courthouse with everyone else.

"We should have never come home." Sarah shook her head as she walked next to Pope.

"They're gonna kill him, guys. I know it." JJ muttered. Scarlett walked up to him and intertwined her fingers with his, bringing them both a sense of needed comfort.

"Sorry for what you and your family have gone through. Thank God the system works." Some Kook man spoke to Ward which caught all of the Pogue's attention.

"Can you please shut up? Of course you think the system worked because it was made to protect you and people like you." Kie snapped at the Kooks.

"He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide." The man spoke to Kie, which got on Scarlett's nerves.

Scarlett stepped towards the man. "He shouldn't even be in court!" She turned to her father. "You should, 'cause you're a murderer. You have a lot of nerve showing up to court."

"I know you're upset, sweetie. I understand you're upset, okay?" Ward stepped toward his daughter and she stepped forward as well, not backing down.

"Upset?" She yelled at the Cameron man.

"I know he's got you fooled. He's got you all fooled." Ward gestured towards all of the Pogues.

"Star..."

Sarah attempted to stop her sister, but Scarlett cut her off. "No, I'm not just upset!" The blonde charged towards her father and Rose.

A bunch of officers rushed forward and grabbed Scarlett to make sure that she wouldn't hurt anyone.

"Muzzle your goddamned dog!" JJ yelled and pointed at the officers who kept a tight grip on his girlfriend.

"Get off her!" Kiara and Sarah yelled at the cops who were still holding Scarlett back.

"Why don't you take the Kooks down for a change?" JJ yelled at Shoupe before turning to the men who held Scarlett. "Get your fucking hands off of her." He stepped towards them and they immediately let go of the blonde.

"You wanna get arrested? Get out! You need to go." Shoupe yelled at the five teenagers.

"This is bullshit," Kie muttered, shaking her head as she did so.