033. I THOUGHT I LOST YOU

"She just needs to rest for a few minutes. She'll come around." The older man told the two teenagers as he walked into another room and sat down, grabbing his glass of alcohol and downing it.

John B nodded and began walking to the room where the doctor was sitting. "You coming?" he questioned Scarlett when she didn't follow him.

"No. I'm just gonna sit here with her a while." Scarlett told the boy and he gave her a small smile before walking into the other room and shutting the door.

Just as John B shut the door, Sarah opened her eyes and lifted her head.

"Hey, Star." Sarah smiled weakly as she sat up.

"Sarah." Scarlett breathed out, standing up, and wrapped her sister in a big hug, making sure to not hurt her. "I thought I lost you." She spoke, letting a few tears roll down her face.

"I'm so sorry, Star. I'm here now, okay? You didn't lose me." Sarah assured her sister as they pulled away from the hug. "Grab that for me, would ya?" She pointed to the bag filled with water that was hooked up to her.

"Yeah. I got it." Scarlett nodded her head and grabbed the bag, handing it to her sister.

Scarlett helped Sarah stand up. "Does it hurt?" She questioned as she watched her sister wince with every movement.

"Like a bitch." Sarah nodded her head. "I'm gonna walk by myself. I have to get used to it." She took her arm off Scarlett's shoulders and began to walk over to the room John B was in. Scarlett followed closely behind her.

"Whoa, little lady! You need to go lie down." The doctor exclaimed when Sarah opened the doors and entered the room.

"How long did I sleep?" Sarah asked John B as he shot up and stood in front of her.

"Not long enough." John B answered as he stared at his girlfriend.

"Can we still make it?" Sarah questioned, referring to the gold. Terrance told them they had eight hours to meet them at the boat before they left.

"No. No. We— it's over. Okay?" John B told her with a slight smile on his face. He was just happy she was okay.

"No, it's not." Sarah shook her head.

"Sarah—"

"We still have an hour." The blonde girl cut her boyfriend off quickly as she stood in the doorway.

"You need to rest. You just got shot." The brunette boy argued with the girl.

"I am fine. We're going." Sarah sternly told the him.

"Sarah got shot because we were taking the gold. She almost died because of it. If she wants to go, then we're going. We didn't come this far to get this far, right?" Scarlett spoke up from next to Sarah. She smiled as she said the last part because that's something that JJ would always say when they were searching for the gold.

The girls finally convinced John B to go get the gold, so they were now leaving the doctor's office.

"Sarah, you shouldn't be standing." The brunette argued with the girl as they all wandered towards where they entered a few hours ago.

"I'm fine," Sarah told him for what felt like the one-hundredth time.

"Shit. Are you kidding me?" John B muttered out as the trio hid behind a wall. The police were patrolling the streets, and the teenagers knew that they were searching for them.

"You guys got a little heat on you, don't you?" The doctor questioned as he stood next to them. "I've been there, and I've done that. But I got an idea." He told them and they all furrowed their brows as they looked over at him.