024. THE RUNWAY

"How's it feeling?" Pope questioned Kiara as she sat in the contraption that the teenagers had made for the gold.

"Feels good." She replied and continued to mess around with the strings.

"John B' pullin' a Houdini," JJ spoke out to his friends as he sat on the edge of the hot tub with a beer in his hand.

"Yeah, where is he?" Scarlett questioned as she sat beside JJ. His hand was in her lap and she was just messing around with his rings as a result of her boredom.

"I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done!" The dark-skinned boy stressed as he began to pull Kie down.

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ called out and everyone turned their heads to find John B walking up to the chateau. "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." The blonde boy attempted to steal all the credit from Pope.

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope glared at JJ as he corrected the boy.

Scarlett furrowed her brows and shared a look with her friends when John B ignored everything and just walked inside the Chateau.

"Okay, that's it?" JJ muttered out.

"Uh... what was that all about?" Pope questioned as he and Kie wandered towards the couple.

"I was gonna ask you the same question," JJ stated as he hopped off of the hot tub and stuck his hand out for Scarlett to grab. He quickly helped her down and all four of the Pogues ran into the Chateau to find John B.

"You all right, man? What— what's up?" Pope stuttered as everyone watched John B practically rip the house apart, looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" Kie stood back, not wanting to get in the boys' way as he was very clearly determined to find something specific.

"What's wrong, John B?" Scarlett asked the boy. He looked at her and just shook his head, brushing past her.

"Bro, what's going on?" JJ watched John B behind to frantically rip the couch apart. Everyone widened their eyes as they watched the brunette boy pull out JJ's gun from behind a cushion. "John B, what do you need the gun for?" The blonde boy walked up to John B. "Talk to us!"

John B just turned around and forcefully shoved JJ to the side, causing the blonde to fall onto the bed.

"What the hell, JB?" Scarlett nearly yelled as she watched him throw JJ.

"John B, chill!" Kie exclaimed. "What are you doing?" She questioned as he stormed through the Chateau holding the gun.

"What, are you JJ now?" Pope attempted to block the brunette boy so he couldn't walk any further, but John B shoved Pope as well.

"Shit— Are you okay?" Kie quickly helped Pope up as Scarlett followed the boy outside.

"John B, what the hell are you doing?" The blonde girl yelled at the boy as he climbed onto JJ's motorcycle.

"John B, what the hell?" Kie yelled as she and the boys followed Scarlett out of the house.

"Ward knows about the gold." John B's voice cracked as he spoke. "He killed my dad."

When Scarlett heard those four words come out of John B's mouth, she stopped in her tracks and her eyes widened. "What the fuck are you talking about?" She yelled at the boy.

John B just looked back at her with tears in his eyes. He turned around and quickly sped away on JJ's bike. The four teenagers stood there in confusion as they watched him disappear.