Chapter 4

"She said no!" Another voice boomed in the bathroom along with a rush of multiple people's feet pounding down the hall it sounded like.

A hand touched her then quickly withdrew at her flinch and whimpers. "Jewel, it's me," a husky voice surrounded her. "It's Axel, Doll." She trembled as she tried to reach out but all she saw was black. "Stop Doll," he pleaded as he grabbed her shaking hands and wrapped her fingers around his braid that held a feather in it. He knew that no matter what she would recognize that. Both hands tightly clutched his hair and he welcomed the pain as he wiped her tears despite the fact they were still pouring from her. "I'm going to remove the belt, be still for me Jewely, can you do that, please? Can you be still so I can help you?"

"W...w...w," she tried to gasp but it just made her throat tighter.

"Yes, Doll, it's your wolf, now hush," his voice was thick with emotion as his fingers struggled to undo the knot the asshole created.

"Move," another deep voice demanded.

"No, she doesn't know you," Axel argued. "You'll scare her."

"Here," the voice growled.

Jewel tightened her grip on Axel's hair even more as something cold touched her skin. "Be still Doll," Axel commanded in a soft tone as he grabbed the knife from Silas and started to cut the belt from her throat. The second the leather snapped its release she gasped. Axel dropped the knife and hurled the terrified girl into his chest. "I got you Doll, I got you," he murmured as he held her as close to him as she allowed.

"Wolf," she sobbed as she let go of his hair long enough to wrap her arms around his neck then pressed her fingers into his hair again.

"Axel," another voice spoke gently, "I need to see her."

"Not now Doc," Axel warned, "she's too scared to understand."

"I know that Axel," the man agreed, "but she's naked and bleeding. I'm sure the sounds of Raven, North, Brandon, and Luke aren't helping either. I need you to get her to your truck so I can give a quick check-up before we get her to the hospital."

"Jewely," Axel murmured as he gently pressed his fingers into her back. "Doll, listen to me. I'm going to pull back so I can take my shirt off. I'm going to cover you up, Jewely." She nodded then moaned at the painful movement. "Be still Doll," Axel said as he loosened his hold on her. She whimpered and tried to keep him still but he shushed her in a soothing tone before repeating what he was going to do. She remained still but watched him, never blinking as he held his gaze with her hazel one while pulling his shirt over his head then carefully raised it to her face. He told her exactly what he was going to do before he did it as he slipped his shirt over her body. The second she was covered he raised her hands back to his head and she quickly wove her fingers back into his black hair.

"Wolfy," she protested as he slowly started to rise.

"Keep your eyes closed, Jewely," Axel instructed when he noticed her body trying to dry heave.

"Keep her as still as possible Axel, too much movement will cause her to become more nauseous than she already is. Here's Raven's jacket to cover her head so the lights don't affect the possible concussion she may have," Sean explained softly as he stood next to them and draped the jacket over her. The smell of gunpowder and smoke filled her senses causing her to melt into Axel a little more, giving him a sense of small relief.

"Bear," she whispered so low Axel almost didn't hear her. A small smile appeared on his face at the fact their presence brought her such security and she still remembered after all this time.

"Bear?" the man asked, confused.

"Raven," Axel explained. "I'm her wolf and Raven is her bear. I'll explain later," he said sternly. His voice softened instantly as he inhaled her strawberry scent to try and calm down. "Your bear is having a little fun releasing his anger at the moment, Jewely. You can talk to him later. Right now let me just get you out of here."

"Peas," she whimpered. "No feels gud."

"Doll, this is Dr. Sean Green," Axel murmured as he carefully carried her down the hallway. "He is part of the Blackbourne Team. We were with them talking when Jace called me. He is one of my best friends and I trust him with my life as do the others. We trust the whole team and you know how hard it is for us to trust. I promise, I trust him, we trust him. Can he please take a look at you before we get to the hospital? Please, Doll?"