Chapter 22 The old man in the bullpen (unedited)

"Is Second Grandpa at home?" Xu Minghai stood at the door of Second Master Xu's house and called in with his head raised.

  "Who is it?" Mr. Xu was in the house and heard someone shouting outside.

  Xu Minghai answered as he walked in, "It's me, Grandpa Second."

  "So it's Mr. Minghai, what's the matter?" Mr. Xu came out of the house with a pipe in his mouth.

  Xu Minghai was not someone who politely talked around and told the purpose of his visit directly. He just said that he wanted to find some herbs and see if they could exchange them for money. He was already married. You can't just stay at home and eat dead food without doing anything.

  Mr. Xu banged his cigarette stick on the door frame and joked: "You're good, you know how to find money to support your family after you get married. That's great!" The older generation was very happy to see that the younger generation was motivated. .

  "But what I know about your second grandfather is probably the same as what your father-in-law knows. The barefoot doctors in our village basically all follow the same approach, their techniques are very wild, and they all use old folk remedies. I didn't say anything. Whether they are herbs or wild grass roots, we all use those that are generally effective, but there is no guarantee that those that are useful in the village will be appreciated by people in the city."

  "Moreover, medical books either don't exist, or they are passed down from family. In a poor place like ours, we probably can't find them unless we go to the city." Mr. Xu and Xu Minghai expressed their opinions.

  "Oh, then forget it, I'm going to look elsewhere." Xu Minghai was not too disappointed after getting this result. He didn't have much hope when he came here, but he was itching not to give it a try, thinking What if Grandpa Er has it?

  Mr. Xu looked at Xu Minghai and turned around to leave, "Hey, kid, why are you walking so fast?" He stopped him as soon as he stretched out his cigarette pole.

  "I don't have it here, and others don't have it, but it doesn't mean that no one knows about it. You kid is still so impatient." Mr. Xu puffed out his cigarette and smiled at Xu Minghai with an unclear smile.

  "Hey, Second Grandpa, why are you leaving? Didn't I want to move a stool for you?" As soon as Xu Minghai heard what Second Master Xu said, he quickly turned around and pulled the stool next to the door over.

  "You kid!" Mr. Xu poked Xu Minghai with his cigarette rod.

  Xu Minghai jumped to the side exaggeratedly, "Second Grandpa, please stop being so pretentious and tell me quickly. Who knows? Where can I get the book?"

  "Do you know the cowshed to the west of our village primary school?" Mr. Xu looked at him and smiled and stopped teasing him.

  "I know, how could I not know? Isn't the old man who lives there less popular than the educated youth with a bad background? I heard that he was given a big hat." As an active member of the young people in the village, , Xu Minghai often heard these "gossips" in the village.

  "Silly boy, in today's world, well, how should I put it? Don't worry about what kind of hat is on someone's head. Let me tell you, he is a doctor in the provincial capital. It is said that he comes from a family of Chinese medicine doctors for many generations. Don't look at this now. He is not as poor as an old country man, but his medical skills are real. If you want to identify herbal medicine, it is best to go to him and you can learn a lot from him."

  "Really! That old man comes from a family of traditional Chinese medicine? I really didn't realize it." Xu Minghai thought about it. The old man in his impression was nothing like the old doctor from the county hospital.