Chapter 4 This husband is not too bad

On a warm spring evening, the setting sun penetrated through the window into the mud-tiled house and shone warmly on the two people talking in the room, making everything look so harmonious.

  After reluctantly eating a few mouthfuls of noodles that were not very tasty but she said they were delicious, Han Xiuying placed the bowl on the table to the right of the bedside. Han Xiuying raised her head and looked at her new husband.

  He has long arms and long legs. He looks a little thin, but he is not as thin as those scholars in Da Chu. His skin is honey-colored and should have been exposed to the sun for a long time. His hair is short and black, his forehead is full, his eyebrows are thick, and his eyes are bright. He looked pretty good, unlike the farmers she had seen before who were sweaty and had a sad look on the face. Now standing in front of her, he look a little aggrieved like a child. Han Xiuying recalled what happened today in her mind and said, "You can go tomorrow if you want to." 

  "Really? really let me go?!" After hearing his wife's answer, He immediately raised his head happily, with a smile that couldn't be concealed in his sparkling eyes, he stepped over to his wife's side, took her hand and confirmed in disbelief.

  "Actually, it wasn't that I didn't let you go before. I was just worried that it wouldn't be safe for you to go into the old forest. If you made it clear that you didn't want to go into the old forest, could I still stop you?" Han Xiuying stiffened when Xu Minghai touched her hand. After thinking about it for a moment, she said to Xu Minghai with a smile as if nothing had happened.

  Xu Minghai was so happy that he didn't even notice his wife's actions and thoughts just now.

  "Don't worry, Yingzi. We will never go to the mountains. They say there are wild wolves in the old forests. We are not that stupid." There are many wild things in the deep mountains and old forests, but your own life is the most important. Risking that is not worth it.

  Xujiazhai is surrounded by mountains on three sides. There are not only low hills but also tall mountains. The deep mountains and old forests are full of wild insects and poisonous insects. Some old people say that there are wolves and tigers in the deep mountains to the north. Han Xiuying was indeed afraid that Xu Minghai would get into trouble when he went hunting.

  The surprise came too suddenly. Xu Minghai excitedly pulled his wife and didn't know what to say. "Hey, why haven't you finished the egg noodles? Yingzi, eat it while it's hot. It won't taste good when it's cold." He looked at his wife unfinished food, he quickly expressed his concern and asked his wife to eat more. This egg noodles can only be eaten a few times a year.

  "I just woke up. I'm not hungry and can't eat that much." Han Xiuying knew from the memory of the original owner that this egg noodle was indeed a good thing for this era of food shortage, but she really not in the mood to eat, and to be honest, it's not very tasty.

  "If you don't want to eat it, I'll eat it!" Xu Minghai picked up the bowl and slurped it into his mouth. Damn it, it's so delicious, my wife actually said she can't eat it, she really doesn't know how to enjoy happiness. As for the leftovers or the issue of saliva, Xu Minghai never thought about it. Anyway, it was his wide, nothing to dislike.

  Han Xiuying frowned as she watched Xu Minghai eating. No matter how he ate, he could tell that Xu Minghai really felt delicious and was happy to eat.

  Since his wife agreed that he would go up the mountain tomorrow, Xu Minghai was in a very good mood. After eating, he took the bowl and said he was going to the kitchen to wash it. He took the initiative and wanted his wife to praise him. He was like a child who has not grown up at all.