Chapter 56

Chapter 56

When she turned back to look at Gage, he stood a few feet in front of her, naked, the water streaming over his body. As she looked at him, she realized he was completely at ease standing there without any clothes on. If it didn't bother him, she certainly wasn't going to complain. The water moved over his shoulders to follow the rippled trail of muscle down to his hips.

"You should go inside, honey."

His voice was still deep, something she'd noticed happened just after shifting back. Forcing her eyes back to his face, she shook her head. "I needed to talk to you."

"We can talk inside, you'll get..."

"I've been out in the rain before, Gage; it's not going to hurt me." She watched him clench his jaw as she placed her hands on her hips. "I'm not going to be one of those complacent mates, so you might as well get used to that right now." Stepping closer to him, she watched his eyes as they went darker. A flash of lightening lit up the darkness and highlighted his masculine features; he was a beautiful man, something she'd just have to keep to herself. Another flash of light showed the uncertainty in his eyes as he stood there watching her carefully.

His blue eyes didn't stray from her face once; he just stood there tall and proud, even though he wasn't sure what was going on. "Did you hear me?" she asked softly knowing he'd be able to hear her.

"I'd never expect you to be complacent at any time." His tone was controlled, but she could still hear that he meant it.

Moving over until she stood right in front of him, she reached out and ran her hand down over his chest lightly. He hissed out a breath and held himself rigid, his eyes searching hers. "Good." She ran her hand back up to touch his jaw as he clenched it. "Because if I want to stand out in the rain, then I will stand out in the rain," biting her lip, she placed her other hand against his chest and leaned into him. "And I expect my mate to stand out here with me in the rain."

Gage's eyes kept flicking from her lips to her eyes, confusion plain to see as he tried not to look at her mouth.

"Aren't you going to kiss me, Gage?" She was almost vibrating as she watched him just look at her mouth.

He grasped her shoulders lightly and she was afraid he was going to push her away. "If I do, Kelsey, I..."

She stretched up until their mouths were only an inch apart, her body brushed against his aroused one. "Won't stop until you make me yours, I know."

His hands flexed on her shoulders as he leaned back to see her clearly. He blinked several times, knocking the water from his lashes and then inhaled slowly. "Honey..."

"Kiss me, Gage." She felt her cat still, waiting silently within her.

His hand moved slowly up to the back of her neck, grasping her hair lightly. "Be sure." He said with a warning tone in his voice.

"I'm sure." She watched his eyes change when it was clear what she was agreeing to. Before she could brace herself, he picked her up by the waist, his mouth on hers.

"You have too many clothes on," he said against her mouth. She tried to reach for her shirt, but his arms held her too close. "Not here. We wouldn't make it to the porch and the guys are going to be out scouting the property." He kissed her again started toward the porch. "You'll never regret this, honey." Leaning down he nipped the side of her neck.

Feeling like a ragdoll with her feet dangling in the air, she wrapped her legs around his waist. Groaning, he stopped and placed a hand against the railing at the bottom of the stairs, his other hand moving around to grasp her ass and pull her tighter against him. Tugging gently on his hair, she pulled his mouth back to hers and bit his bottom lip hard enough to make him groan. "Do it, Gage, mark me as yours."