3 years later | 5

18 year old Coriolanus begins his trek from school to their penthouse, mentally preparing for spring break to arrive to relax before the final push to the school year. Tigris had promised to spend more time with him during the break and even invited him to a few parties due to them both becoming increasingly busy. The air pushes a cooler breeze around the capitol, allowing him to breathe a sigh of relief, as the temperature beginning to change from the slightly cruel winter. Although to Coriolanus, no winter can compare to the winter during the war. Maybe it was just a colder winter due to no cheap way to keep their houses warm, or maybe the heavy weighted mood of the war made it seem that much worse.

Once he arrives home, Tigris is ready to serve dinner with Grandma'am at the table waiting for her grandchildren to join. After a prayer, the two cousins eat as if it is their last meal, as they usually find themselves behaving, blaming it on the affects of the war to fill their bellies fast to decrease the raging hunger that frequented each day.

"Hurry and change Coryo," Tigris warns him as she helps Grandma'am clear the table, being careful not to waste a drop of food from their dishes, as they accumulate the pathetic small portion of leftovers. "We have to meet Mercedes at the club before we head to the party."

"I didn't realize she would be joining us tonight. I haven't seen her in a few years," Coryo stands instantly feeling the heat in the room and his stomach threatens to return all of the food he had just inhaled 'Blame it on how fast we ate, just as Grandma'am always warns us about' He thinks.

"She has just gotten out of a relationship with her long term boyfriend so now she's able to join in on fun things again," Tigris explains rolling her eyes at the mention of the man. Tigris is definitely the type of friend to tell you if your boyfriend is a piece of shit and be completely upfront about it, but also passive aggressive in the best way possible.

Coryo's heart beats faster in his chest as he strides into his room searching through his less than impressive wardrobe, for the most impressionable outfit he could muster. He wanted something that screamed "My cousin can dress super cool and so can I'.

-

"What do you think?" Coriolanus struts out of his room presenting to Tigris a black button up dress shirt with matching black slacks. To top off the outfit.. black dress shoes.

'Well, it's something," Tigris admits as she applies her final touches to her silver shimmery dress detailing a corset tie up in the back and a short flared skirt giving the illusion of wider hips, paired with a pair of hot pink heels with a silver boy at the tip of each shoe. Coryo was reminded of a disco ball looking at the ensemble.

'This was the future of the fashion' He thought rolling his eyes at her comment."Help me then," He pleads turning back to his room thinking of something, anything to impress the girl. Girls. 'Theres no one girl I need to impress, just keep my options open'

-

"There perfect, now lets go," Tigris smiles proudly at her work taking a step back. She kept his basic base layer and added a dyed red leather belt fitted around his waist by the silver snake buckle with matching red rosed cuff links, finishing off the look with two snake pins on either side of the collar. "It's not much but, it'll do the trick. I know you're not very flashy like me."

Coriolanus smiled at himself in the mirror brushing away his curls from his face. She was right, just simple touches can make a big difference in appearance.

'Now let's get fucked up'