Coriolanus | 18

Back to school for the final month means I am to prove I deserve the prize to cover tuition and put us Snow's back on top. We've suffered for too long to let all of this disappear.

Fixing my uniform and hair in the dirtied bathroom mirror, I let out a sign, this is it.

-

The school day drags on when suddenly I hear a familiar voice while I munch on my lunch provided by the capitol.

"Oh Dr. Gual that will look amazing against your skin complexion and really bring out your eye - eyes," the voice stammers.

I look up from my school work and lunch tray in the cafeteria and my breath hitches in my throat. Mercedes. She wears a white pan suit with blue floral detailing rooting from the bottom of the wide pant legs, blooming over her top ending at her shoulders. Topping it off with a silk blue high neck top and blue heels.

"My Mercedes, you always know how to bring it to life, that's why you and I get along so well. Please join me for tea, I have plenty more to share with you," Dr. Gaul rests her gloved hand on Mercedes shoulder lookin at the sketch pad she holds.

"Yes of course. I would be honored to join you," My perfect girl smiling widely showing off her perfect teeth surrounded by a deep red lip. Dr. Gaul says something else I couldn't hear and then walks away. Mercedes stands still for a moment before surveying the cafeteria. Her eyes find mine and I wave from under the table.

Her smile widens, as if that's possible, then she nods slightly and turns away.

"Wait," I say under my breath. I haven't seen her in 2 weeks due to our schedules not lining up and Tigris still in shock by what she walked in on. I jump up from seat leaving my tray and school work to follow her. I button my school uniform catching up to her, I grab ahold of her arm and turns us down an abandoned wing of the academy.

"Coriolanus Snow. What a pleasure running into you here, little school boy," She eyes me up and down with her back against a closed door, leaving us shielded by anyone passing by.

"Mercedes, oh how I've missed you," I basically growl back unable to contain myself. I release from her arm and replace it resting against the right side of her abdomen. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh Dr. Gaul is one of my top costumers. She buys almost everything I draw up for her. Must be big money in the game making industry," She looks up at me through her eyelashes. Her work heels being much shorter than when partying. "I don't think she wears anything twice."

"Complimenting that scary woman is the last thing I want to do, but she's always dressed to the nines," I smile at her. "I miss you. When can I see you again."

She shifts her weight tucking a loose strand of straightened hair behind her ears, revealing her cobalt blue hooped earring, "I don't know Coryo. I have a pretty important weekend coming up, and after this meeting I'll probably have at least five outfits to draft."

"I see," I feel my smile side, letting my hand drop from her side.

"Don't be like that. We've talked about this," She smiles almost in disbelief, eyes bouncing between mine.

"I know Des, but I can't imagine not seeing you for another 2 weeks," I run my hand through my hair taking a step back.

"You'll be done with school in 4 weeks, graduated and having a summer of nothing to do Coriolanus. Then we can see each other every night," She reaches out for my hand. "And it'll be a little bit more acceptable for us to see each other exclusively." Hinting at our age gap. Being in a relationship with an older woman who was rumored to be passed around during the war, would take a hit to my reputation.

"Deal," I kiss the top of my hand before stopping away from her, "I'll see you soon. Good luck with our head game maker." I dramatically shiver turning back to the cafeteria.

Plinth prize, the girl, graduation.

Nothing can stop me now.