Chapter 23 - Sex relationships?

I wake up disorientated, breathing heavily.

 Maybe I fell down a flight of stairs in my dream, but I don’t know. I’m not use to waking up just like that. I try to attempt to fall back into a precious sleep, but I find that this is impossible. I’m tired and I’m aware that it’s probably the middle of the night. Turning the side lamp on, I drag myself out of bed and into the lounge.

I’m surprised to see Zayn still awake— on his laptop —probably still working. I leave my door open, to avoid any noise from distracting him.

But he’s already seen me.

He looks at me confused. I think he’s naked— I have no idea because he’s shirtless. Only he would make being naked while working so attractive— and not weird.

“You should be sleeping.” Zayn mumbles.

As I walk closer to him, I now notice he’s wearing  tanned flannel pj’s. I sit down hesitantly, opposite him on the table and bite my lip. He stares at me impassively.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I reply. “You should be sleeping too.”

“It takes a certain amount of time for me to sleep.” He says.

Probably explains why he’s angry all the time. But sleep seems to agree with him because he still manages to look hot in the morning.

“Do you always work at this hour? Well whatever the time is.” I lean my elbow on the table and rest my chin in my hand as I stare at this beautiful man before me.

He narrows his eyes as his cool gaze focuses on me.

“It’s 2:30 in the morning Victoria, and to answer your question, yes— I do.” He frowns and pulls out his phone.

I suppose it’s ringing, but I don’t hear it– he probably has it on vibrate. My eyes are dead on his tattoo sleeve as he presses his phone against his ear.

“Malik!”

He still gets phone calls at this hour. Jesus.

“And the profits? . . What about the renovation, is that over and done with? . . So they’re still questioning about the shipment?” He chuckles to himself. “That’s ridiculous… I’ll talk to Daniel tomorrow. Thanks.” Zayn hangs up the phone and scans my face.

He closes his laptop and shifts it to the side so his full attention is on me. I shift suddenly aware that he’s just focused solemnly on me. He places his elbow on the table and his finger, slowly glides across his bottom lip.

“I thought you might want to know that I’ll be seeing Mr Anderson. I have attempted to arrange it in a different location, but it hasn’t been a really successful tactic. I don’t want him to be in the same building as you Victoria.” He blinks, searching my face for a reaction I guess.

“Thanks for telling me. Um, while you’re at this meeting, can I go out?” Why am I even asking him? I should be able to go out anyway I’m 21 years old?! But for some reason, I feel like I need to ask him.

“No. I’d rather you stay here.” He blinks at me as if I expect to obey him.

I gape. “Why?”

“Don’t argue with me.”

“I’m not arguing, it was just a question.” I narrow my eyes at him.

“I’m not up for your smart mouth Victoria.” He runs a hand through his hair and stands tall.

Oh his shirtless body is so beautiful to stare at.