Chapter 22 - Troubled landing.

The cool California breeze blows into my face when the doors finally open.

Zayn grabs hold of my hand and motions me out, giving nothing away as pure usual. His gaze is fixed on me.

"Ladies first." He half smiles and I find myself heating up.

When I look outside, everything looks normal again. Blue sky; sunny blazing light. Oh it's so hot and I'm enduring this weather. I missed this heat.

Three business men are waving, warmly welcoming us with two females on the outside of them. One of them looks familiar. His dark hair, his scorching green eyes that looks lighter from his black hair. I've seen him before but I just can't quite put a finger on it.

My heart drops instantly when I come to senses to realise, who it is— It's Devon.

I gulp and from the corner of my eyes, I see Zayn staring down at me confused. He squeezes my hand reassuringly, but my body is immobilised. I can't move. My gaze is just focused on Devon. Why is here?

Zayn starts to walk, pulling me with him.

"What's wrong?" Zayn whispers to me.

My mouth is dry, I can't speak.

I swallow down the bile in my throat and finally look at Zayn.

"That's Devon." I mumble quietly.

I point my chin to the only tall guy amongst the short men.

My worse fear of seeing Devon is coming true. Zayns posture stiffens but he suppresses himself from glaring at him. He walks closer to Devon and I find I'm trailing behind. My hearts racing as the scenes of that one night come crashing into my mind again— no. No!

"Mr Malik." His voice chills me to the bone— Devon's voice.

I try to pull away from Zayn but I can't. My breathing becomes ragged.

Devon smiles and I can see the edginess to it. He still looks the same, just taller. He's probably just as tall as Zayn. He pulls out his hand, waiting for Zayns. I swallow and hide behind him as he lets go of my hand.

"Mr Anderson." Zayn shakes hands with Devon and steps aside; putting me in Devons eye view.

Devon narrows his gaze at me; his greedy eyes scanning my body. Zayn wraps an arm around me, pulling me into the spotlight. No— what the hell is he doing?!

"Mr Anderson. This is my assistant Miss Victoria Greene."

Assistant?

"Play along." Zayn whispers in my ear.

I swallow the bile down.

Devon puts out his hands and tilts his head. Does he expect me to take that after what he fucking did to me?!

"Tori?" He smiles cunningly.

I know that smile. I take a deep breath and just stare at his hand. I want to break it and slice it off. I hate him.

Shakily, I take it and he squeezes my hand and pulls me closer. My heart stops beating for a split second as I see the wicked grin he pulls on his face. He leans forward and I try to step back, but he grabs both hands this time and kisses my cheek.

He doesn't back away.

He leans in more, so his lips are stroking against my ear.

"I'd give anything to fuck you right here." I gasp as I try to break free from him!

No. Why isn't Zayn pushing him away! No!

"Victoria!"

I wake up, disorientated— panting. My heart is beating like crazy in my chest.