Chapter 10 - Moodswings.

He hasn't said a single word since we step foot out of the mirror room.

Zayn was dead silent. Every single employee got at least a glare or a scowl thrown at their faces if they tried to acknowledge him. I was beginning to think that I was to blame for, for his cold unneeded behavior. But what did I do exactly? Was it something that I said?

I frown to myself as we came into the entrance way.

Oh we're leaving— Already?

Zayn stops walking as soon as he see's Arnold.

"Arnold." He's speaking again.

But he's straining. Is he angry?

"Sir." Arnold replies, formally nodding towards Zayn and giving me a look of sympathy.

"Where's Mark?"

"I'm not sure sir." Arnold replied.

Zayn pierces his lips together and looks down at me for the first time since the silence took over. He glares at me slightly and licks his lips. I hold my breath as he takes hold of my hand and looks back at Arnold who's now frowning but quickly vanishes when he catches Zayns eyes.

"Fuck." Zayn's voice is stern and sharp.

It's too quiet for Arnold to hear; but loud enough for me to flinch. I bite my lip as he runs his free hand through his hair.

"Enjoy the rest of your day Arnold." Zayn finally say's.

"You have a good day sir." Arnold smiles and turns his attention on me. "Miss Greene, You be careful." He smiles, though he looks worried.

It's as if he's warning me, not just showing generosity of being a good man.

There's something about his words that's making me wonder. But just as I was about to reply, Zayn sighs with annoyance and pulls me out of the museum and into the cool fresh air of Bradford. I want to know why Arnold looks so concerned. So I stop, leading Zayn to look back at me with frustration on his face.

"ahh-" I wince as his face hardens.

"What!?" He looks frustrated, so I decide to look anywhere else but him.

Jeez calm down, Psycho.

"I um, i need to use- the um-" I take a deep breath and try to start again. He looks annoyed with my sudden lag. "I need to piss— I mean! I need to go to the bathroom." I mentally slap myself.

Really; did I have to say that?

He looks as if he's trying to suppress a smile, but his frown deepens.

"I'll take you the-" he's about to turn back inside but I stop him.

"No." I realize I denied him too fast and he looks back at me suspicious.

Fiddling with my hair doesn't help with my nervousness either— I'm so bad at lying.

"I can go by myself." I try to pull my hand out of his grip but he seems to find it hard to let go.

Now it's my turn to frown.

"Zayn." I snarl.

I build up the courage to glare at him. His eyes start to dilate with anger, and after a few seconds, he let's go.

"I'll wait here." His voice, it's so stiff.

"No it's okay. You can wait in the car when it gets here." I try to sound as calm as possible but his glare is just so threatening.

"Victoria, just get in the damn building." He runs his hand through his hair again and has his phone in the other.

I stand still for a few seconds, feeling chills beginning to take over my body from his threatening voice.