Chapter 11 - Do you know who he is?

"You're lying to me." Amber scowls.
"I know you are. Some guy can't buy you a thousand pound phone just like that. Something happened. What did you two do today?" Amber's eyes narrows as mine flicked from the Malik cell in her hand and then her blazing curious eyes.
I bite my lip, as I try to find something to distract her from interrogating me. I don't know what she's thinking though, and I'm dying to know. What does she think we were doing exactly? She should know I won't go that far with someone I don't know to well. She placed her phone back on the side table next to mine.
"Well because of you, we did go to the art museum I've always wanted to go to." I replied as we walked into the kitchen. She stopped and frowned to look at her feet.
"Why is there juice on the floor?"
I smiled devilishly. "Ah, Zayn spilt his drink."
"I thought it would be you, not him. You are a bit unco Re." She smirked playfully at me and I threw a piece of plastic at her that didn't even reach half way.
She narrows her eyes at me once again and I find myself trying to find something to grip on to distract me. After a few seconds of her gaze, she grabs the juice carton and pours herself a drink.
"You kissed him."
She's good.
"What makes you think that?" I screwed my face in disgust, hoping it was a good move to do.
She chuckled at me and sipped on her drink slowly before proceeding.
"You seemed a bit flustered when I walked in, and your lips looked a little plumper. Your hair." She points at my head and suppresses a smile- What about my hair? She takes a small sip from her juice and smiles. "Your hair slightly gives it away, you seemed to be panting a heck of a lot like you two were having some kind of make out session and I can smell him like he's standing right next to you."
Why can't I smell his scent? The thought saddens me.
"Re, just say yes. Cause I know you did." She pulls a sad face and I roll my eyes.
I don't say anything for a while and a smile slowly creeps on her face as mine begins to fluster.
"Oh my god! You did! Did you push him away? Please say you didn't! Please!" Here we go; tenacious Amber coming back.
"No! No, I- I didn't push him away." I mumbled, but the excitement in my voice is still there.
"Re!" She hugs me tightly and stands at arms length away from me. "You're growing up. You're okay though right?"
I nod truthfully.
"Good! That means you're progressing well." She beams a smile and it quickly drops when she sees my face.
"What's wrong- Did he do something?" She questioned, suddenly serious. I shook my head.
"I was a bit scared." I confessed.
"I don't think you need to be scared of him, honestly. He does seem a little dodgy but that's just me."
"A little dodgy?" I scoff.
You pronounced frightening wrong.
"Okay maybe a little scary too, but his hotness covers it up." She smirks as my face heats up. "But what is it that scared you? Tell me."
"No."
"Re!" She warned lowly.
I sighed and looked down at the counter top.
"He's just a little rough and it just- it just reminds me of-"
"It's alright, I understand. But, like you said last night, he's going to London, so maybe this'll be the last time you'll see him. If that's what you want because like you know, we are going to London and stuff and like maybe we, I mean you, might see him." She looks at me confused as she sees all these emotions coming to my face.
She sounds hesitant about what she's saying.
Do I want to see him again? Not really.
But then I do. But how would I see him? Would we just- some how bump into each other in the street? That's highly unlikely with the way his businesses are treated. But then his voice takes over my head- I'm sure we'll see each other again. I'll make sure of it.
"Hello? Re? Victoria to earth?" Amber waves a hand in front of my face, scaring my thoughts away.
"Please don't call me Victoria, it's bad enough Za- he calls me it." I correct myself mid-sentence.
"I'm sorry, but if some strange guy can call you Victoria, I don't see why your best friend, shouldn't be able to call you Victoria."
"Zayn only calls me Victoria because he knows how much it irritates me." -I think. "Or it's because he's just that formal, that he calls me by my birth name because he's weird like that." I still don't even know how he found out my Birth name. He didn't even tell me; I might ask him.
I can visibly see the distraction I threw at Amber shifting on her face. She's focusing on something else now as confusion takes over.
"I don't understand why he's so formal. Like he's so young. How old is he?"
"He's 25."
"He's so freaking young." She gawks as she walks into the lounge to grab the Malik Cells off the table again. "That fucker designed this. This thing that costs how much and he's only 26?!" She looks down at mine then hers as she places it on the counter. "I'm impressed man."
"You're easily impressed." I half smile.
"I know but like; this guy is rich as fuck. He's one of the richest bachelors in the world. Did you not know that?" She turns to face me and a cold smirk slaps on her face. "Re." She drags on the 'e' a bit too far for my liking.
"Are you a gold digger?" I can hear the humour tone in her voice and I slap her arm playfully as I giggle.
"No! I'm not a gold digger! Money doesn't impress me." I say matter-of-factly
"Neither does a box for a house with no money in the bank." She joked back, a little too harshly.
I shrugged and throw my Malik cell in the glass of juice that Amber has left untouched. She gapes at me as I pick it out. I shake off the dripping juice and pressed the home button. It sure is waterproof. It's perfectly fine. I throw it on the ground this time and she practically drops to her knees to pick it up.
"What are you doing?!"
I place my hand on her reassuringly and grab the phone off her. Again, it's perfectly fine. What's the other thing- Gorilla screen, right. I grab my car keys off the key hook and scrape my keys across the screen.
"Fuck! Nothing happens to this thing!" I mumble as I throw my keys on it.
I feel Amber's hand slap my arm nice and hard for me to feel a burn of the after effects.
"You're throwing away over a thousand pounds Re. Stop!"
"It's fine though? Look." I showed her as I pressed the home screen. She smiles as I feel it vibrate in my hand.
"I think Zayn's texting you babe." She winks at me and picks up her glass. She stops midway and puts it back down, remembering that I practically threw my phone inside.
I looked down at the cell, clearly seeing in a grey small screen, Zayn's name, on my cell. I didn't even know I saved his number; maybe he did it yesterday when he stole my number, kind of.
Lucky he took my SIM card out of my old phone. The Malik Cells kind of sticky too and I realise it's from the juice. I wash it off under the faucet and dry it quickly.
I pressed view and watched the screen zoom into the message.
I have to admit, this is a sick phone.