Realization

Oliver Nelson

Oliver Nelson. Those two words were the only thing in my head. All I could think about was the grump who had walked into town a little more than a week ago. And to think, I hated this man's guts. Now I think I might be falling in love with him. His hands were warm on my face, they were soft and so gentle. The kiss, was everything I thought it would be. Just like his touch it was so soft and gentle, I never wanted it to end. Suddenly I felt a few drops on my arms and face. I think Ollie felt them too because we pulled back and looked up, it had started to rain. We looked at each other and started laughing as it rained harder. We quickly gathered our things and ran to the car. We were still laughing as we got in and closed the doors. Ollie started the car and turned on the heater since we were both chilled.

"Well that had an unexpected ending." he chuckled

"Yes it did." I smiled brightly as I looked out the windows and watched the rain pour. Oliver's hand reached over and turned my chin to face him, my face heated instantly. And for the first time I didn't mind that squirmy feeling I felt, and I think I have a few ideas of what that feeling was. I looked in his eyes and I was instantly relaxed, his thumb gently brushed my cheek. I slowly leaned into his touch as I smiled a little.

"I like this." I whispered to him.

"I like it too." he whispered back.

"Thank you for this Ollie, thank you for bringing me here."

"Anytime Gen." I smiled softly and turned my faced and placed a kiss to the palm of his hand. It was his turn to blush and it made me giggle.

"Cheeky." He smiled and took his hand back and threw the car into gear before we drove off, heading back home. We sat in comfortable silence on the way home and it couldn't be more perfect. We got home and changed into warm clothes, afterwards I went and settled on the couch. Oliver took care of our things from the beach. I pulled my phone and texted ma.

"MA! Oliver kissed me!!!" It took a moment for the little bubbles appeared. But then she sent screaming emoji's which made me smile.

"I knew it was going to happen!" she replied

"Oh did you now?"

"Of course I did. It's called mother's intuition peaches." I sent her a few laughing emoji's.

"Just don't tell the boys yet. I won't have any privacy for a while."

"My lips are sealed. I'll let you be but I want to ask you a question first."

"What is it?"

"Does he make you happy?" I sat there and thought about it. Once I got past Ollie's walls he has been so easy to talk to, and so kind and caring towards me. The jokes we share and the adventures we've been on together never fail to make me smile. Just thinking about Ollie makes me smile.

"Yes, he makes me happy."

"That's all I've ever wanted for you peaches."

"I love you ma."

"I love you too sweet girl."

I shut my phone off and put it aside. I didn't see Oliver so I got up to look for him. I went into the bedroom and saw he was on the balcony so I went outside and went up behind him. I wrapped my arms around his middle and pressed my face against his back.

"Hey there sunshine." He spoke softly

"Hi."

"Everything okay?"

"Mhmm..." I hummed as I closed my eyes and smiled a little. I felt his hand on mine and I felt relaxed. We stayed like that for a while, I think these moments will always be my favorite with Ollie. The sun had set and the city was lit with all of it's lights. There was a cool breeze and it chilled me. I felt Ollie move and he turned in my arms. I looked up at him and he was looking down at me with a smile.

"Hungry?"

"Hungry and cold."

"Okay, back inside missy." We went back inside and he led me the couch and covered me in a blanket. I looked up at him. "What's for dinner?"

"Well that depends if you want something fancy or more home styled."

"Hmmm... home styled."

"Okay, pizza it is." He smiled and went into the kitchen. I sat on the couch curled up and I watched Ollie move around the kitchen. It was like that for a while until he came back with a plate with a few slices of pizza and a hot chocolate. I took them with a smile as he sat down next to me.

"This looks really yummy Ollie."

"Why thank you." He gave me a big smile and I giggled. We both began eating and had a conversation about what we do for the rest of the time we were in the city. Oliver wants to take me to a museum that he thinks I'll like. After our conversation was over I turned on a movie to watch and set the dishes aside. I laid my head down on his shoulder and he put his arm around me. I smiled up at him and he smiled back.

Halfway through the movie I got sleepy and started nodding off. Oliver turned the TV and I pouted.

"Hey, I was watching that."

"I didn't know you could watch TV with your eyes closed." He smiled but I didn't find it funny and I pouted more. He leaned down and kissed my pout and it made me blush. Of course I had to kiss him back afterwards. After he pulled back he stood and took my hands in his as he pulled me up off the couch.

"Time for bed." He held my hand as we walked to the bedroom. I climbed into bed and got comfy under the blankets and then I looked at him, he kneeled down next to the bed with a soft smile on his lips.

"Are you comfortable with me sleeping in the bed with you or do you want me on the couch?" his fingers played with my hair and it made me more sleepy.

"Mmm... you can sleep in the bed."

"Okay I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable with it." He kissed my forehead before getting up and going to the other side of the bed and getting in. I moved closer to him and he chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked

"You." Oh, that made me blush and I buried my face in his shirt. He wrapped his arms around me and played with my hair again and I felt safe and warm. It was like home, Ollie was my home and I was okay with that.

"Goodnight sunshine." I heard him whisper before I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face.

That squirmy feeling I was talking about earlier, yeah that's the feeling of being in love. I'm in love with Oliver Nelson. I admit it, I love Ollie.