Family Accidents

I woke up to someone banging on the front door

I woke up to someone banging on the front door. I looked down and Genevieve was sound asleep next to me, so I quietly slipped out of bed and left the room. I closed the door behind me and quickly opened the front door before the banging woke up Gen. My father was standing on the other side of the door and I suddenly wished I stayed in bed.

"Good you're awake." He pushed his way past me into my apartment.

"Uh good morning to you too, sure come right in." I mumbled sarcastically as I closed the door and followed my father.

"We won the case. So that means there's a long list of things that needs to get done." He handed me a paper with a very long list of things that needed attention. "I need the first ten things finished by this afternoon. Preferably sooner, but I thought I would be gracious and give you extra time. But after that I need the rest of those done by the end of-"

"I'm not going to work."

"What?"

"I'm still on vacation father, I'm taking Genevieve around the city today and tomorrow and then we're going back to Stardew Valley and I'm staying there for the rest of my vacation." My father's facial expression hardened and I saw his fists clench at his sides.

"Oliver I need these things done."

"Then have someone else do them. I'm on vacation time." I crossed my arms across my chest.

"I'm starting to think you don't want that promotion." Now it was my turn to harden my expression.

"Of course I want it, I've worked so hard to get here-"

"Then act like you want it!" he yelled and I did my best not to flinch.

"Yell at me again and I will extend my vacation time." I saw him fighting with himself. He knew I would keep my word, I'm not going to accept his behavior. He needs to learn to back off. He opened his mouth to say something but someone else's voice sounded.

"Ollie..?" I turned and saw Gen standing in the doorway in my shirt. Wow she was gorgeous. "What's going on?" she asked as she walked over to me and looped her arm through mine and hugged my arm.

"Hey sunshine. I'm sorry we woke you, my father was just leaving." I looked at him and gave him a hard stare. He looked at me and pointed at Genevieve, I instinctively put my body between his finger and Gen. Her grip tightened slightly on my arm.

"Her? You're getting involved with her?"

"Leave her alone father."

"She's getting in the way of work. You don't have time to get involved with anyone Oliver."

"I'm pretty sure I know what I have time for, and that it's none of your business."

"You're my son, your business is my business! And she can't be apart of your business! You're such a stupid boy!" He raised his hand to hit me and I only had time to brace myself. I closed my eyes and tensed up but I never felt his hand on me. I opened my eyes and the five foot three woman that was behind me was now in front of me holding my fathers wrist. My father looked at her full of surprise, Gen looked like she was ready to murder my father right then and there.