𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

JAKE'S hands tremble from where they rest in his pocket, wrapped around hand warmers to keep his fingers from freezing off. He tries to prolong his arrival for as long as he can, shuffling against the rocky path as slowly as his feet will let him go. He has no choice, he knows. After all, he did agree to come and let Heeseung explain. He also knows his shoes will be ruined in the end if he keeps this up but he could care less in this exact moment.

He sighs, coming to a complete stop. If this was how he was going to act why did he even bother coming anyway? Maybe it was just to see Heeseung. He sighs again, wrapping his coat tighter around himself and marching forward down the path. No use in dragging it out now.

The closer he gets, he can make out Heeseung's lanky frame. He looks nervous, rocking on the balls of his feet, finger picking at his nail and teeth tugging at his bottom lip. Jake giggles to himself. He thinks Heeseung looks cute.

He watches as Heeseung continues rocking forward, stopping his assault on his poor nails to run a hand through his mussed hair. Jake stops a few feet away, fingernails digging in at the seams of his coat pockets. "Heeseung?"

The blonde jumps into the air, squeaking as he whirls towards Jake with a horrified expression on his face. Jake bites his lip, trying to hold back his laughter. This is a serious situation. He raises a fist to his mouth to clear his throat and swallow the rest of his stifled laughter.

"Uh, hi," Heeseung mumbles quietly, clutching at his pants. Jake hums in acknowledgement. Heeseung falters at that, opening his mouth for a few moments before he clamps it shut.

"So... is there something you wanted?" Jake asks with a tilt of the head.

Heeseung runs a hand through his hair again, eyes looking back and forth between Jake and somewhere over his left shoulder. "I.. yeah. I heard from Riki that you told him I 'blew you off' or whatever that means?" He laughs through his nose as if he wouldn't even think about the possibility of it.

"But you did?" Jake says slowly, fingers wiggling where they hide in his coat pockers.

Heeseung shakes his head, brows furrowed. "I didn't. Don't say that, Jaeyun."

Jake snorts, running a hand through his hair before he looks at Heeseung again. "You didn't blow me off? Really? Is that what you think?"

Heeseung nods.

"So you didn't ignore me? Or push me away when I tried to ask you were you okay?" He asks with an incredulous smile.

Heeseung falters, directing his eyes to somewhere over Jake's left shoulder. Jake laughs in disbelief, shaking his head.

"God, you can't be serious. Look, I know it's probably weird and uncomfortable since I confessed only a week after knowing you but you could at least had told me you didn't feel the same way. It's really— hhmp!"

Somewhere in between Jake's mouth fart, Heeseung's face goes blank and he takes long strides towards the boy until they're pressed together, bodies and lips. Heeseung's large, warm hands raise to cup his cheeks and he pulls Jake closer until his talking is cut off with the press of his lips, eyelashes fluttering shut.

Jake gasps, fingers curling into the fabric of Heeseung's trench coat. He has half a second to realize what's happening before Heeseung is pulling away from him, resting his forehead against Jake's, eyes closed, lashes fluttering over his cheeks. His breath fans against Jake's lips when he exhales.

"I don't think it's weird and I'm not uncomfortable, Jaeyun-ah," he whispers softly, opening his eyes to stare into Jake's. "In fact, I think I kinda like you too."

He doesn't even give Jake the chance to respond before he's diving back in to kiss him again. It's sloppier this time around, his teeth clanking against Jake's with the press of his lips, drool seeping between the seal of their lips and down their chins. Heeseung's tongue is hot and heavy where it runs over Jake's plush bottom lip.

Jake whines softly, pushing himself onto his tip toes and tilting his head ever so slightly.  Heeseung's responding chuckle is deep and raspy against his lips and it sends shivers down his spine. The blonde slips a hand under his coat and around his waist, squeezing lightly and—

I wonder how much an engagement ring will cost.

Heeseung licks into his mouth one last time before he pulls away, a string of saliva connecting their lips until Heeseung brings a hand up to wipe the drool off of his chin. Jake follows shortly after, flush crawling up his neck in embarrassment. Heeseung smiles down at him.

"Do you still think I blew you off now?"

Jake's mood sours and he scoffs, pushing Heeseung away from him. The man stumbles backwards before quickly regaining his balance, laughing softly.

Jake crosses his arms, pouting playfully. "And to think I was actually gonna ask you out on a date."

Heeseung giggles. He fucking giggles. Suddenly it feels like everything other than hearing that sound again isn't important.

Heeseung points his thumb behind him with a smug smile and glittering eyes. "I'll just go home now then. Bye Jaeyun-ah."

Jake smiles as he watches Heeseung spin on his heel and begin walking away. There's a bounce to his step that has Jake giggles.

"Heeseungie?"

The blonde whirls around, head tilted cutely. "Jaeyunnie?"

Jake smiles. "Do you want to go on a date with me?"

Heeseung grins, nodding excitedly. "I'll text you okay? Get home safe now, Jaeyun-ah."

Jake nods, waving at Heeseung as he turns and l ik continues on his way home again.

When Heeseung is a good distance away
Jake spins on his heel, giggling to himself and smiling happily.

Things went better than he expected.