Chapter 11

Willows P.O.V
The sun was beating down on my neck as I drink gallons of Lemonade and iced water. I was going to die.
"Okay Everyone!" Darry yelled from the kitchen. "Breakfast is the ready!"
Everyone started to move sluggishly towards the kitchen table. The dragged us to the ground.
"It's too hot!" Soda moaned as we all sat down to breakfast.
"Why don't we go to the Lake?" Darry suggested.
We all cheered and agreed. this was going to be fun.
After breakfast we pack our day bags with sunscreen and lots of water. Me and Soda made luck for everyone. He can cook pretty well. I hurried upstairs to put on my bathing suit.
I put on my bikini that covered just up to my belly button and the top covered everything it should. It was blue, yellow and brown plaid and I loved it. Nat had on a one piece that was a new kind it had underwire like a bra! I had never seen in like it, it was also turquoise in colour.
Grace up in a cute red bikini like mine but her bottoms were short like and showed her belly! Bailey wasn't swimming but she wore green shorts and a white shirt.

Nat's P.O.V
We all piled in to Darry's car and drove for two hours the lake was just out of Tulsa. I was squeezed between Willow and Soda. He grabbed my thigh and squeezed it before he kissed my cheek. He was cute.
Once we arrived we all ran out and found the perfect spot. It was busier than we thought but after walking around the lake we found a little cove and set up for the day. There was a picnic table and a tree over the water. Soda quickly climbed up the tree and flipped off it. When he resurfaced he had a grin so big aimed right at me.
"Come in the water, Babe."
"Make me."
He grabbed my arm and pulled me in. I didn't fight because I didn't care. he picked my up like a baby and throw me in to the water. When I came back up I was mad. Not really.
"Sodapop Curtis!" He looked at me with his movie star grin. "You better believe you will pay for that." I warned him.

Bailey's P.O.V

The water was cold and I was still not 100% so I stayed out. Two-Bit really wanted me to come in with him but he respected my wishes to stay out. I sat down in the shade of the tree and watched the happy couples swim around. Sodapop and Nat were so cute together, their love for horses and hate for school came together. they splashed around like 4 year olds.
Grace and Pony were more shy about it. Pony would kiss her cheek and blush like crazy, but still they belonged together.
Willow and Steve, I knew about them. Willows eyes sparkled when they were together. No matter how much she tries to hide it, it was there.

I looked at Two-Bit wadding around, he looked up at me with eyes like raindrops.
"Two, come here." i motioned.
"Yeah, what is it Bailey?" He was happy.
We walked for a bit out of the Gangs view. I grabbed his dumb sideburns and just went for it. I kissed him lips and he kissed back. When we finished, we stepped back. Two was stunned, all he could say was.
"Hi."

Willow's P.O.V

The water was perfect. Soda and Steve showed off their swan dives, Two-Bit belly flopped. Hard. His chest was red the rest of this day. I watched Steve wrestle Soda and thought how I could never ruin their friendship. Soda almost jumped on top of me doing a cannonball.
"Watch it, Pepsi."
"Sorry, Will." He smirked and smiled.
I started to swim out to the dock, the rested in the middle of the lake. I was the best swimmer in the family because I listened in lessons. Soda got bored, Darry was above it and Ponyboy just wanted to swim.
Soda trailed behind with Nat and Everyone else but Darry, Two-Bit and Bailey followed. When I reached the dock I lay down in the sun. The planks were warm and I was disturbed when Soda splashed up. He helped Nat up and proceeded to carry her like a doll. He kissed her forehead.
"I'm sorry, Babe." He chucked her in the water.
I laughed at Nat's face when she resurfaced. Her hair was in tangles and stuck to her cheeks. She pulled it up in to a bun. She pulled Sodapop in to the water and they splashed around.
"Ponyboy, come here!" Grace yelled from halfway to the shore. Pony dived in and swam very quickly. He was greeted by her lips and they played in the water until Pony lifted Grace on to his back and swam to the shore. They were out of sight.

Steve was standing on the dock and flipping off but no one was around, only me. I laughed at his fails and clapped sarcastically at his triumphs. He showed off and we had fun. He kissed my cheek playfully when no one was looking, I hope. We finished the night, all of us on the dock looking at the stars. The announced couples (Soda, Nat and Pony, Grace) cuddles under the large sky and we all almost fell asleep in the middle of the lake.