Chapter 1 The Marriage Exchange

The breeze is blowing in early spring in February. The flowers have already bloomed their beauty, and the new buds of the green trees are full of vitality and hope. The warm sunshine shines on people, making them feel warm. But all this seems to have nothing to do with the eldest son of the Han family. He squatted in the yard with a sullen face, pursed his thin lips slightly, and repaired the worn bamboo basket in his hand without saying a word.

  A very delicate-looking woman with two big braids, thin curved eyebrows, bright black eyes, a small nose and round cheeks was begging from the side in a soft voice, "Brother, please allow me to marry Xu Minghai, I think the Xu family is pretty good."

  "What's good, this marriage won't work!" Before the younger sister of the Han family could finish speaking, Han Ling, the eldest brother of the Han family, interrupted.

  Han Xiuying really thought this marriage was a good one, "Brother, Xu Xiaoxi is very shy and has a good temper."

  "Pah!" Han Ling threw the bamboo basket in his hand on the ground, "What she does is none of my business!" Han Ling ignored the basket, stood up, picked up the hoe standing on the wall of the courtyard, and walked out with a very ugly look on his face.

  The bamboo basket bounced up and down on the ground, Brother Han was so scary make Han Xiuying's heart skipped a beat. In all her life, Han Xiuying had only seen her eldest brother lose such a temper once, and that happened three years ago.

  The eldest brother already had a marriage partner. Before the wedding, the woman family came to the house to discuss matters and said to the eldest brother: Girls will get married sooner or later. They can just go to junior high school, why should they go to high school? Just stay at home. Wouldn't it be better to work and be filial to your parents for two years?

  At that time, the eldest brother directly disagreed and said that his sister Han Xiuying must continue to go to high school. The woman family threatened with the marriage. Many people in the village thought it was a good marriage and persuaded the Han family to agree. At that time, Brother Han became very angry and would rather not marry than let his sister continue studying.

  Han Xiuying couldn't help but feel sad when she saw her elder brother walking out in a hurry, feeling that she was dragging her brother down.

  The eldest brother not only went to high school and is literate, he is also gentle and polite. He has the unique curved eyebrows of the Han family, dark and deep eyes, has fairer skin than most men in the village. Although he is tall and thin, he looks a little... Skinny, but looks elegant.

  At that time, Han Ling was very popular with girls and wives in Dalishu Village. However, four years ago, when he was working in the production team to fill a ditch with stones, the car overturned because the stones were not installed properly and he was hit underneath.

  Although his life was saved, his legs suffered from injury.

  "Yingzi, please leave your brother alone, he may have gone to his private place." Father Han, who was collecting herbs in the west of the yard, felt uncomfortable when he saw his son and daughter arguing.

  Father Han, who is already in his fifties, has a dark and yellow complexion, intertwined wrinkles, and a weathered face. He looks like a typical old farmer. However, those green and yellow hands showed that he was different from ordinary farmers. Father Han is the barefoot doctor in the village. In addition to doing farm work, he also gives the village a treatment. In this era of lack of food and clothing, life in the village is not difficult for the Han family.

  But because of Han Ling's leg problems, his marriage has not gone smoothly in the past few years.

  Han Xiuying did not give up the idea of ​​changing marriages because of her brother's attitude. In the past few years, she had watched her parents worry about her brother's marriage, and she felt very anxious.