Chapter Thirteen

A few weeks had flown by since Rosalie and August had forged their friendship, and it was safe to say that things were going swimmingly. It felt as if they had known each other for ages, as their bond grew stronger every day. They had become each other's confidants, sharing secrets and laughter, and had created an array of inside jokes that only they could understand.

Today, they planned to rendezvous with Angelina at a local roller skating rink. Rosalie initially hesitated about the idea, as she hadn't stepped foot on roller skates in years. However, August and Angelina were relentless in their persuasion, assuring her that it would be a fantastic time. Eventually, after much convincing, Rosalie succumbed and decided to give it a shot.

"I still can't believe you managed to talk me into this," Rosalie muttered, slipping on her skates with a mix of trepidation and excitement.

"Trust me, it's going to be an absolute blast," Angelina chimed in, swiftly sliding her own skates onto her feet.

August nodded in agreement, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he laced up his skates. "You won't regret it, Rosalie. Roller skating with friends is an experience like no other."

With skates secured, they cautiously made their way onto the rink, gripping the railing for dear life. Rosalie stumbled a bit initially, her legs wobbling as she struggled to regain her balance. However, with each passing rotation, her confidence began to grow, and soon enough, she was gliding effortlessly across the shiny surface like a pro.

Angelina, on the other hand, had taken a more graceful approach, effortlessly swaying to the rhythm of the music that filled the air. August took a step back, observing Rosalie with a content smile on his face, enjoying the sight of her carefree spirit shining through.

"You're doing amazing, Rosalie!" August called out, clapping his hands in admiration. "I told you, you're a natural!"

Rosalie beamed, her heart filled with a newfound sense of joy and accomplishment. "I can't believe I was so nervous about this. It's actually so much fun!"

Angelina twirled gracefully beside them, her skates gliding effortlessly. "See, I told you both. Roller skating is the best way to let loose and have a great time. And it's even better when you're with friends like you guys."

As they continued to skate, the music changed to a lively beat, encouraging them to pick up the pace. Rosalie felt the wind brush against her face, and the floor beneath her feet became a blur of colors. She let out a joyful laugh, feeling a surge of adrenaline rush through her veins.

August caught up to Rosalie, skating backward in front of her to face her directly. "Having fun, Rosalie?"

She nodded enthusiastically, her laughter carrying through the rink. "More fun than I've had in a long time! Thanks for convincing me to give it a try, August."

August smiled, his eyes sparkling with warmth. "Anytime, Rosalie. It's all about trying new things and embracing the unexpected. I'm glad I could be a part of this experience with you."

Their laughter mingled with the music as they continued to skate, enjoying each other's company and the freedom that roller skating brought. The worries and stresses of everyday life seemed to fade away, replaced by pure joy and the thrill of the moment.

As they twirled and spun together, Rosalie couldn't help but feel grateful for the bond they had formed. It wasn't just about roller skating, but about the connection and trust they had developed in such a short amount of time.

"Hey, Rosalie," Angelina said, her voice filled with mischief. "You know what would make this even more epic? A race around the rink!"

Rosalie's eyes widened with a mixture of excitement and nervousness. "Are you sure?"