Chapter Four

Rosalie woke up the next morning with a spring in her step, her mind still buzzing with thoughts of the previous day. She hadn't expected August to be such an incredible dancer.

After changing into comfortable clothes, she made her way downstairs for breakfast, looking forward to a leisurely Sunday with no specific plans. As her coffee brewed, there was a knock at the door. Opening it, she found Angelina standing there, a wide smile on her face.

"Good morning, Rose," Angelina greeted.

Rosalie stepped aside to let her in and closed the door behind her.

"Morning, Angie. What brings you here?" Rosalie asked as they headed back to the kitchen.

"I'm bored and I wanted to come see you," Angie replied, taking a seat at the island table.

"Well, I don't have any plans for today," Rosalie said, pouring coffee into a mug.

"Want some?" she asked, holding the coffee pot.

"No thanks, I'm good," Angie replied.

Rosalie grabbed a blueberry muffin and leaned against the table across from Angie.

"Since we both don't have anything to do, wanna help me paint my room?" Angie suggested.

"Why do you want to paint your room?" Rosalie asked.

"Because I'm bored unless you have a better idea, we're painting my room," Angie answered.

"Fine, I'll help paint your room," Rosalie sighed, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Great! I knew I could count on you," Angie said, grinning mischievously.

Rosalie rolled her eyes, unable to resist Angie's infectious energy. "You owe me big time for this, you know," she replied, playfully poking Angie's arm.

Angie shrugged, her smile widening. "Deal. I promise it'll be worth it."

Once Rosalie was finished with her breakfast the girls were both eager to start the day's project. Rosalie grabbed a notepad and pen from the kitchen counter and made a rough sketch of Angie's room layout, jotting down ideas for color schemes and furniture placement.

"Alright, we need to go buy the paints and brushes first," Rosalie declared, flipping the notepad shut. "Do you have any specific colors in mind?"

Angie drummed her fingers on the table, deep in thought. "Hmm... how about a calming shade of lavender for the walls? And for the accent color, maybe a soft mint green?"

Rosalie nodded, her pencil hovering over the paper. "Sounds lovely. Let me add that to the list."

As they went to the nearest home improvement store, their conversation flowed effortlessly. They exchanged stories from the previous week, sharing laughter and occasional bouts of friendly bickering. Rosalie couldn't help but be grateful for Angie's spontaneous visit, realizing how much she had missed their bonding time.

Once they arrived at the store, they spent a considerable amount of time picking out the perfect shade of lavender and mint green, debating between different options until they finally settled on two beautiful and complementary colors. With a cart filled with paint cans and brushes, they happily paid at the checkout counter and headed back to Angie's house.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road!" Angie exclaimed, clapping her hands together as they entered her room.

Rosalie smirked, feeling a surge of adrenaline at the thought of transforming Angie's space. "But first things first, we need to prepare the room," she announced, grabbing a drop cloth from the pile of supplies.