Page 29....

I wake up, from a sudden sleep, a subtle hangover lingering from the previous night, still adorned in my black dress and heels. Shifting the bed covers, I gaze into the mirror, discovering smudged mascara creating a mysterious allure beneath and above my eyes—an enigmatic blend of exhaustion and last night's remnants. The uncertainty lingers, leaving me to ponder if it's truly mascara or merely a testament to the weariness etched on my face.

"Good morning, Y/N," a familiar voice gently summons me from the depths of slumber. As I slowly rouse, I conscientiously rub my eyes, now adorned with remnants of the night before. To my pleasant surprise, Allison is seated on the corner of the bed, a reassuring presence in the soft morning light. Her concerned gaze meets mine, and she utters, "You alright?" The question hangs in the air, inviting a shared moment of introspection in the tranquil ambiance of the waking day.

I groan, "Ugh, good morning," escaping from my lips as I feel the weight of wakefulness. Recognizing a hint of thirst, I add, "Could you do me a favor and fetch me a drink? If you don't mind," accompanied by a polite afterthought. A delightful giggle escapes her lips, and with a warm assurance, she responds, "Yes, of course."

She walks out of the room with a promise to retrieve my drink, giving me the chance to don fresh clothes and initiate a symbolic shedding of the remnants of the night. Proceeding to the bathroom, I immerse myself in a moment of self-care, letting the invigorating touch of cold water cleanse my face. The mascara, a lingering trace of the previous night, yields to the refreshing ritual, leaving me with a revitalized canvas that mirrors the outset of a new day.