Chapter 27: The Memories with Azure Eyes

Deep within the streets of the city, Jamie and Grug rode atop Great Tusk, thundering through the city. As Grug organized the evacuation efforts, Jamie kept a vigilant eye, scanning for any sign of the formidable Anomalies. While the rest of the populace trembled beneath the dragon duo's might, Jamie embraced the thrill of adventure, eagerly anticipating another encounter with the enigmatic creatures.

"Heya, Grug, my man..." Jamie greeted, playfully brandishing finger guns as she sought fresh conversation amidst the evacuation routine, "So... uhhhh... what's the largest Pokémon you reckon you could take in a fight?"

"Big Pokémon, Friend say?" Grug echoed, a glimmer of memory surfacing as if the question had unlocked a vault of experiences. His excited tone suggested a lifetime of anticipation for this very question. "Grug hunt big Pokémon! Big Pokémon bigger than Grug Mammoth friend!" he proudly declared.

"Woah... big Pokémon, huh?" Jamie grinned, her intrigue and fascination ignited. "What kinds of Pokémon did ya hunt?"

"Lot of big Pokémon! Grug used to hunt big dinos back home, actually!" Grug replied, the underlying sadness in his tone betraying the nostalgia tied to his homeland. This only deepened Jamie's interest in unraveling Grug's mysterious past, her curiosity and excitement escalating, the intensity of their bond was palpable as they rode through the city.

Before their conversation could progress, an abrupt crashing noise shattered the air, jolting Jamie and Grug back into high alert. The conversation's remnants dissolved into tense silence as a thunderous cacophony approached, flames blazing vividly, heralding an imminent clash.

Swiftly reacting, Great Tusk veered to the side, hurtling into a Headlong Rush to intercept the Flare Blitz. The impact knocked Koraidon out of its fiery dance, sending it crashing into the ground, claws digging into the ground as it halted its descent, rising with an unwavering glare. The sun blazed overhead, casting harsh, golden rays across the battlefield, intensifying the anticipation for the impending battle.

"Got Froakie on evacuation duty, so ready to add this dino to your kill count?" Jamie questioned, a confident smirk etched on her face, eager for the adrenaline-pumping action she craved. Initially caught off guard by the sudden escalation, Grug quickly shook off the surprise. He studied Jamie's smirk, emulating it to share the enthusiasm as he mirrored her movements, pumping his fist into the air. "Uhhhh... yeah! Grug ready to count kills!"

In a flash, Koraidon lunged at Great Tusk, its Dragon Claws gleaming menacingly. Capitalizing on the moment, Great Tusk surged forward, its trunk wielding Ice Spinner in a deadly dance. Spinning with ferocity, it slammed the ice-laden trunk into Koraidon, driving it forcefully into the ground. Recovering swiftly, Koraidon engaged in a fierce exchange with Great Tusk, claws poised to strike at both humans, countered by the relentless onslaught of Great Tusk's Ice Spinner, each move aiming to create an opening for the decisive blow.

Just as an opportunity seemed to present itself, Koraidon evaded the incoming Headlong Rush with a nimble leap, sidestepping the charging beast. Swiftly regaining its stance, Great Tusk redirected its momentum, hurtling toward Koraidon once more. The clash ensued as Flare Blitz met the charging behemoth, a momentary explosion resonating through the city. However, Koraidon's sheer strength prevailed, sending Great Tusk hurtling backward. Gripping tightly, Grug and Jamie braced themselves as Great Tusk struggled for balance, its trunk digging into the ground. For Jamie, the exhilarating speed felt akin to a carnival ride, eliciting a thrilled yell that drowned out any hint of fear.

In the relentless dance of battle, as Great Tusk's momentum began to wane, Koraidon intensified its assault, barreling in with a Collision Course aimed at the towering behemoth. The impact struck with force, disrupting Great Tusk's recovery and sending the duo of trainers tumbling off its colossal frame. Quick instincts kicked in, and Grug swiftly wrapped his arms around Jamie, shielding her from the chaotic fall.