xvii

This morning I was getting training from the chief of the clan. Tonowari. He helped me learn more skills and how to miniver with a spear.

We strained for weeks when he learned that I was a fast learner. It only took me 4 days to get the spear into my hand before I trained for weeks, maybe months on this. My relationship was well with Aonung.

Obviously we were flirty but we never said anything to eachother. Not yet atleast. I was thinking about confessing my feelings after he has helped me through so much but I'm scared he doesn't feel the same.

"Swirya." Just then I zoned back on Pandora.

"You need to focus, this is not a game" tonowari said.

"I'm sorry, Olo'eyktan." I replied apologizing.

"This is very important you are a warrior like us, you may even earn your first tattoo within the next few weeks."

Those tattoos had a meaning and with each placement and pattern means something different.

"Yes sir" I nodded and continued with my routine. It was a very fast yet smooth routine that I did constantly throughout my training.

Tonowari found it very impressive and it's nothing like his warriors. He eventually upgraded me to fight against a warrior.

We both walked up to eachother, no spears, and bowed to eachother to show respect. We stood up and looked at tonowari for the signal. There were many warriors watching us.

What I didn't know was Aonung was also watching from the crowd.

We got into forms and I let him get the first move, he went to throw a punch at me only for me to go under it and take his arm down to the ground. He fell over top of me as I was on my back.

He looked at me with a smirk as I smiled back, wrapped my legs around his torso and flipped him over. He was quick to get up but so was it.

He tried hitting me with his tail but I jumped over it, having the advantage to grab his arm and put him into a headlock.

Within 5 seconds he surrendered and I won.

I was very surprised but I was congratulated and I just walked off.

"Hey.."

"Hey Ao, how was training?" I asked him.

"It could have been better. I've never seen you fight like that."

"I've been training with your dad for weeks to get it this far."

"I know, he never stops talking about how good you are" he chuckled.

"Would you.. wanna go to the spirit tree with me? It's been 1 year since Kai and I want to see him."

"Yes of course, I have to do more training today but I'll meet you on the beach before eclipse.

I nodded and let him walk off. Ever since the ceremony we haven't had much time together. I enjoyed the little moments we shared between our schedules.

I went into the sully pod and hung out with Neteyam almost the whole time. We talked and I told him about Aonung.

"I want to confess.. tonight."

"Tonight?! Where?" He asked excitedly.

"At the spirit tree. I invited him to come with me to see Kai since it's his one year and I think I'm ready to face the consequences"

"What consequences?"

"Of being rejected"

"You really think he's gonna reject you? One your very pretty and gorgeous, two you have a great personality, three yall fit together better then a puzzle piece. Have you not seen the way he looks at you with the doll eyes like he's in love with you? I think you're the only one that doesn't see it. And you wonder why tonowari started your training and Tsahik even wants you to train."

All of that made my head spin. Everyone knew?

I always wondered if that was just his personality. But I was prepared.

"It's almost eclipse I have to go, thank you Neteyam." I said hugging him and running out the door.

I saw Aonung on the beach sitting and looking at the water.

"Ready Ao?" I asked.

"Ready when you are" he said.

He called an ilu and he sat on it as I sat right behind him.

I was mentally preparing myself to see Kai through eywa. I wasn't ready to see my brother again but I wanted to so bad.

I held onto his warm skin as we floated through the water and into the cove of ancestors.

We finally got to the spirit tree and he got off, helping me into the water. He held my hand as we both went down and I connected my que.

It was a small dark room with 2 beds and a mirror. Me and Kai's room.

"Rya! Come let's go to the deck!!" Older Kai yelled. He came into the door and held my hand running through the hallways. We got outside and I looked around and back at Kai but he was little.

"Ryry!! You're so tall!" He laughed. I only smiled, caressing his cheek with my thumb.

Just then a see an opening to someplace different and I bring older Kai with me.

I looked over and saw two older Navi with a kid. A mix breed but it looked exactly like the dad. I took a closer look and saw it was Aonung.. and me.

I looked at Kai and he smiled at me.

"Take care of my nephew, Swirya..."

Then I was sucked out.

I opened my eyes to see Aonung was at the surface waiting for me.

"Soo what did you see?" He asked.

"I saw Kai and we played around for a bit.. then I saw us.." I said.

"Swirya.." he whispered.

He pulled me to a nearby rock to sit on. I sat beside him confused as we both faced eachother.

"Swirya.. I-" he couldn't seem to talk. I wanted him to hurry but also take his time.

"I see you." I said.

He looked at me wide eyed. Happy that he didn't have to say it first.

"I see you, Rya." Then with his hand cupping my cheek, he kissed me. The air was cool, my wet hair was laying on my back as he pulled away and gave me a bright blue necklace.

He put it around my neck as I looked at him.

We both smiled and swam back to the ilu and went back to the village where he placed a kiss on my lips and we separated.