xiv

I woke up to someone walking around. I felt their feet on the pods flooring as they moved.

"Morning!" I heard a girls voice.

"Morning Tsireya!" I said.

"How was your sleep?"

"Not terrible, I slept pretty comfortably"

"Ahhh well Neteyam went hunting with Aonung and the men this morning so I came in here to give you the metkayina clothing" she said.

"Thank you, and must I meet your mother? The Tsahik?" I asked.

"Oh yes of course she's in our pod, as soon as you get dressed I will take you, then do your hair!"

I quickly got dressed and admired how the top and bottoms fit and matched perfectly. Alone with the colors being out my bright blue eyes.

"I'm ready reya"

"Come, this way" she took my hand as I followed her through the village and into their marui pod.

"Morning mother!" Tsireya said.

"Good morning love, you too Swirya. What brings you here?" She asks.

"Well Rya wanted to speak to you, so I must get going, see you later Rya. Love you mom!" Then Tsireya left and I got quite nervous.

I was alone with the Tsahik and I was very paranoid.

"No need to be tense. You can talk to me. I know the rough times you've been through. Tell me child.. what bothers you?" She asks so sweetly. I felt more comfortable so I sat in front of her and relaxed.

"Well, Tsahik I-"

"Call me Ronal."

"Ronal.. I have had a hard time and I just wanted to thank you for accepting me into your village, I know it's hard to let new people in. I promise I will do good and protect the people at all costs."

"Swirya.. you don't have to protect.. that's our job. I just need you to be comfortable and have fun." She smiled at me as she put a hand on my thigh.

"I also see how my son looks at you, yall have a strong connection. You two just need to find it." Then she walked off and left.

What connection?

I stumbled out of their pod as I went to my own to roll up my mat and return Neteyams.

I picked up Neteyams as I'm guessing he was running a bit behind the others and wanted to do something good.

"Good morning, Neytiri" I said as I stood at the entrance. She looked away from braiding Loaks hair and into my direction.

"Morning, Rya. How was your sleep?"

"It was good, I just came to return Neteyams mat"

"Oh thank you, I'm sorry he didn't get it he went on the hunt and he was running behind. I would have come and got it but I'm currently doing Loaks hair, Tuk and Kiri are somewhere in the water" she said.

"Oh no worries I don't mind." I said walking in and putting it near the rest.

"Rya.. do you know how to braid?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am" I said.

"Could you do Loaks? I have to get some fruits."

"Of course"

"I'll be back, I won't be long."

Then she walked out the entrance. I started laughing.

"Shut up" I heard Loak say.