V

First person POV
I played around the deck as Kai tried grabbing my tail.

We chased eachother for hours as we had nothing to do. Just then dad called for us.

"Swirya! Kai!"

For some reason even if he was a bad person I still loved him as a dad we would just get mad at eachother all the time. He's still my dad

We raced to him but when he came into sight we started walking. Me and Kai always loved to play around with eachother, we just kept eachother company and it's been like that for 10 years.

Kai is 17 while I'm 16 but I was born before the war.

We came up to dad with poker faces as we looked at us.

"Kids, we're going to find Jake. Knowing that he is out there we have to be like the Navi. Spider and Tiger are helping us. They know the forest better than we do."

Great now we're using them as a weapon.

We hop into the helicopter as dad gives them a pep talk about how there's trackers in their masks and if they try to run, it won't work.

We fly over the beautiful forests of Pandora as I am stunned by the view. I see why the RDA wants us to live here but there's other wildlife here.

Kai looks at me with the brightest smile on his face. Kai was always happy about the forests and what he grew up with.

He would tell me the stories of him and Neteyam in the waters of a river or the ikran rides. How Neytiri would always play and Jake would splash them as Neteyams siblings joined.

I wish I had that childhood but I also felt bad it was taken away from him just because of me. But we made our own fun.

We landed in the middle of the forest to have a meeting first.

"Alright, if we're going to find Jake we have to blend in. We have to speak Navi, play Navi and the rest."

Dad wasn't very good at explaining things but we all understood.

We followed Tiger and Spider to one of the floating mountains that I evermost desired to visit.

Just then we came up on Ikrans, beautiful creatures with stripes and different colored patterns.

"We have to ride an ikran?" Asked Kai.

"Yes, don't you listen?" Dad said.

That only made Kai get embarrassed and back away a bit from the rest.

"Swirya, your better then my best men. You go first"

Great

"You don't choose the ikran the ikran chooses you." Tiger brought up.

"How do I know it chose me?" I asked confused

"It'll try to kill you." Spider finally said.

Fuck

Dad handed me only a rope and I tried scaring all the ikran away to see which one wants to kill me.

Just then a beautiful ikran. Bright sapphire blue with black and white stripes pops up. Hissing at me as he shows all of his teeth.

"Let's dance"

I jump up but it only pushes me to the ground, holding my down only by its claws. I hear laughter in the back ground.

Harder then I thought

I wrap my legs around its jaw tying the rope around so it can't bite.

It backs away trying to get it off when I jump onto its back.

"NOW WHAT" I yell

"TSAHEYLU" Tiger yells back.

I grab my braid and connect it to the Ikrans que. I close my eyes and feel his heartbeat, breathes.

I've officially connected and I decide to go for a fly. I tell him to fly but we only end up falling down.

I yell in panic trying to hang on for my life.

"FLY STRAIGHT GOD DAMMIT"

He straightened himself where we were flying straight, so I control him?

I flew back up to see Kai also claimed his. Dark green with blue stripes and white nose.

We fly side by side as everyone smiled at us and cheered. I felt free for once. I never want to leave my ikran.

Later we fly around searching from above.

Spider is with Quaritch as Tiger is with me.

"What are you going to name your ikran?" She asked.

I honestly did even think of naming him. But he was so gentle and sweet with me, other than trying to kill me.

"Zy'ra" I replied.

Zy'ra screeched with joy.

"I guess he likes that name" Tiger giggled.

We flew for a few hours, dad learning more about the language until we get a call from base.

That can never be good