xv

"And that's how you weave a basket." Aonung said.

I looked at my own basket, confused if it looked like an elephant or palulukan.

"Don't worry would get the hang of it, here" he said giving the basket he made to me.

"Thank you but you made it."

"But you need it, we got plenty of others."

He was right I saw like 11 of them stacked up in the corner. I looked at him and happily took the basket that he made.

"I'm going to walk to beach with Neteyam and Kiri, I'll see you later." I say

"See you later.. Rya." And I just left.

It hasn't really been awkward it's more like it's been weird between us. I have no clue what's going on.

Later that day I am told that I need to start training to ride an ilu, to breath correctly, and to speak the sign language.

I know I have much time but I am so excited to learn all of these new things.

I meet up with Aonung as Tsireya is helping little kids, Rotxo comes with us.

"You need to breath correctly, not from your diaphragm but from your stomach. It should slow your heartbeat down. Keeping you able to be underwater for longer periods of time." Aonung explained.

I tried that but Aonung saw something wrong.

"Straighten up your posture." Then he put his cold hands on my back to help me. "Try again" he said.

Eventually I got it and needed to get an ilu.

"You need to ride an ilu in order to get around faster. It's the best way." He said clicking and calling ilu from different directions.

This one ilu came swimming up to me and nudged my arm.

"Hey little guy" I said as I pet his head.

"He must really like you" Aonung said.

"I wonder why" rotxo whispered to Aonung. Which cause Aonung to hit Rotxo in the arm.

I just pretended like I heard nothing.

I connect my que with the ilu as I hopped on it. The ilu squealed as I closed my eyes to feel him, connect with him.

I could feel eyes on me but I ignored it. I opened my eyes to Aonung fixing my seating.

"Okay when you go under, good posture. Head down, look straight and let your feet fly up behind you." He said.

I nodded and told the ilu to go. I went directly under water which was very different from an ikran underwater.

The current was too strong and I accidentally let go. I went up to the surface and looked at the ilu swimming towards me. He rubbed my head with his as an apology.

"It's okay buddy it's not your fault, I'll get better I promise." And I mounted him once more, going to try again.

I breathed to calm down a bit and told the ilu to go. This time I came back up perfectly. I smiled at my accomplishment and swam back to Aonung and Rotxo.

"Nice job, now the sign language will be kind of hard to learn quickly but I'm sure you can do it." Aonung said.

"Let's test that then, fish lips" and I started walking back to shore.

I could feel eyes on me as I heard Rotxo say "broo.."

I walked into the sully marui pod to grab something.

"How has training been?" Jake asks.

"Oh it's been good, I just need to learn how to sign." I reply.

"That's good, I think Neteyam and Loak are on the beach if you could go get them for dinner."

"Of course Jake."

I walked back to see the 4 boys sitting on the beach. I rolled my eyes and smiled as I walked over.

"Neteyam, Loak. Jake wants yall back for dinner." I say looking at them as they all look back at me.

"Okay, bye Aonung, bye Rotxo." Both of them said.

"Fishlips huh?" Aonung asked.

Rotxo then just walked away and I was confused but I sat down next to Aonung.

"I mean yeah, your a little fish." I say laughing.

He rolled his eyes and we just looked out at the water as eclipse was coming. I loved all of the bioluminescence plants and animals during eclipse.

"Do you want to go on a ride?" I asked Aonung.

"What do you mean by that?" He asks.

I then smile and got up, making bird callings to meet Zy'ra on the sand.

"An ikran ride" I smirked at him as I walked towards Zy'ra.

"You're funny." He commented.

"I am actually."

"What do I get in return?" He asks.

"What do you want?"

"A kiss"

He then smirked at me as I blushed. I rolled my eyes and hopped onto the ikran. Giving my hand out for him. He hopped on behind me, hugging my back as he put his arms around my waist.

"Ready fishlips"

"Whenever you are, ikran breath."

I turned my head around to him and without warning I told Zy'ra to fly up. Making him panic and hold onto me tightly.

I start laughing as he was yelling.

"that was so not funny!" He yelled.

"Your joke wasn't either" I replied.

After a few minutes of flying he got comfortable. He looked at enjoying the view of the ocean from above.

He hugged me tighter as he leaned his head on my back. I could feel him get less tense each minute we were in the air. I smiled once more as I help my hand onto his.

We eventually landed in the sand and it was now dark.

He helped me off as I told Zy'ra to go to the forest.

"Thank you for the ride, Swirya." He said.

"You're welcome, Aonung."

He had his goofy smile as on his as he started to walk away.

"Wait Aonung!!" I yelled running towards him.

"Ye-"

He was cut off by me kissing him on the lips. He was stunned a bit until he kissed me back, grabbing my hips with one hand and my face with another as my hands were on his chest.

He deepened the kiss even more. There were more butterflies in my stomach now. He pulled away as he put both hands on my hips.

"I keep my promises" I say looking into his bright blue eyes.