King Hippo Rom HCs

Romantic Headcanons with King Hippo [Gender-Neutral! Reader]

While much is secret about King Hippo's life, it's likely that they never considered dating prior to joining the WVBA

While much is secret about King Hippo's life, it's likely that they never considered dating prior to joining the WVBA. To them the whole community of Hippo Island is their family and even if they're not related by blood, the thought of dating any of them was weird. So King Hippo also has no dating experience.

It's a bit of uncharted territory if/when King Hippo gets crushes on somebody. They sorta understand the feeling, having seen others back on the island explain and act around their crushes but it doesn't make it any less awkward for them. Although Hippo seems to hide it well and tries not to let this new feeling affect their relationship much.

Even if we ignore their lack of English, Hippo isn't much of a talkative person and would much rather have their actions speak instead of speaking. That being said, they love helping out their friends and especially their crush/partner in any way. They enjoy the feeling of being helpful and seeing their crush/partner being happy. Hippo will also actively look for ways to spend more time with them. (I can see Hippo inviting them to go around the city with them and trying out different restaurants.)

Once in an active relationship with King Hippo - well, good luck from keeping them from lugging you over their shoulder 24/7. Seriously, this big fella cannot help but pick their partner up and literally nothing will stop them from that. No matter if your small or tall, fat or skinny, in rain or shine, even if its only for a few feet, their going to carry you around

If you have any bad habits you're trying to break then King Hippo is your guy. While perhaps somewhat naive, they are more observant than they let on so they usually catch on to harmful habits quickly. Within seconds they're on your case and reminding you to care for yourself.

There will always be a risk of suffocation during cuddling and while Hippo is usually aware of his weight and tries to avoid lying on top of you, it's a bit harder to do so while unconscious. You'll get used to it (if you aren't a coward).

Hippo definitely plans on one day bringing you with them to Hippo Island. It's unfair you get all the fun of teaching him about your culture (and the weird things Americans do and say) plus they want you to meet their family! Hippo is sure that their family would absolutely adore you just as much as they do.

Ideal Date: While going out to different restaurants and trying different foods is fun I think King Hippo would much rather be outdoors and would enjoy stuff like hiking or simple nature walks. They don't spend too much time outdoors which does make them a little sad so they try to savor it in any way possible, especially with their partner. 

490 Words

490 Words

This year I really want to try being more social in the online communities I'm in. Especially PO but I am well aware of the fact that I am an anxious coward, so we'll see how successful ill be at that lol :P

ALSO MINOR CIRCUIT DOWN GOT LIKE NINE MORE BOXERS TO GO-