General King Hippo HCs

Note: This guy is growing on me lol

Hippo Island is very shipwreck prone so it was not an oddity to see one morning on the coast one morning

Hippo Island is very shipwreck prone so it was not an oddity to see one morning on the coast one morning. However inside, the people would discover a baby in the wreck. With no other survivors in sight, the people of Hippo Island brought them in and raised them like their own.

King Hippo always knew of their origins and tried to give back to their community in any way possible. Whether that be helping out with the fish, or simply watching over some of the younger children at the village, no matter what they did they always held onto their cheerful attitude. 

Their facial disease would worsen as they grew older, by their teen years it'll look as if they never had a noise at all. Some of the boys his age would tease him about it but Hippo would always threaten them with a roughhouse session to shut them up. It was well known at this point that King Hippo was quite the fighter and was able to knock down even most adults.

The WVBA discovery of King Hippo was a unique one. One of the fellas guy who help recruit new boxers found himself shipwrecked on Hippo Island. King Hippo and the others welcome him with open arms and aid him and the other survivors. One day the recruiter saw King Hippo and some of the other boys rough house and was instantly on his knees begging King Hippo to come with him. With much consideration and his community backing them up, King Hippo agreed!

King Hippo always assumed Disco Kid was their friend and any aggression towards them was all show. So it was a bit of a surprise when one day Disco came up to him and apologized for his behavior. Hippo sorta laughed it off and pushed it under the bridge. While I wouldn't say their close friends, they definitely share a friendly coworker/rival relationship with each other. 

Now, Piston Hondo and King Hippo are best friends if you could believe it! They both bonded  over their love of food having a quite brunch and they been friends ever since! The two actually hang out with each other outside of boxing matches and eat at different restaurants/try out different recipes as they talk about home and various other stuff. 

King Hippo is, unsurprisingly, a big foodie (They didn't get all big and strong from nothing after all!) and is open to most restaurants offered in New York but it's quite hard to find restaurants that have Hippo Island cuisine. Thankfully King Hippo is a rather good cook and is able to replicate some of their favorite foods well!  Some of the foods they find themselves craving the most are kālua, lomi salmon and manapua, the latter of the three being the easiest to recreate. (Despite this though their favorite food is pineapple!)

They have tattoos as well, the first one they got was when they were fourteen and looks similar to a traditional Kakau. At first it was just a shoulder tattoo but it slowly grew into quarter-sleeve and they do plan on continuing the sleeve whenever they return to Hippo Island.  

.Moss Hug Ranking.

King Hippo is up there for having some high quality hugs. They like to lift their loved ones up and shake them around for a bit before tightening and letting go and maybe a good kiss depending on the type of relationship with the hugged-ee. Sometimes they become too self aware of their strength and make their hugs as loose as possible in order to not accidentally squeeze their buddy to death (even though this has never been a problem before). 

Hippo struggles, especially during emotional moments when some people aren't as physically affectionate as him and does go in for a hug. Just send them a quick reminder and they'll back off while apologizing.

Overall, I'd say they're an 8/10 - could do some work but still pretty good. 

676 Words

676 Words

Writing this one I realize that I knew jack shit about Polynesian culture so yee went heavy into research (Specifically Hawaiian and Samoan). Unsure how well I did/if I got anything mixed up please let me know!

[Which I know is a bit silly since at the end of day I'm writing for "Ah funni stereotype character" but I still want to be accurate to the cultures of these funky guys!]