Secret Admirer [Glass Joe/Aran Ryan]

Glass Joe/Aran Ryan [No idea if these two have a ship name.]

Requested by:  Letmeread222

Note: This was really cute, and I'm glad I could write it! Thank you so much for requestin' it! I did deviate from the request toward the end! I hope thats fine!

Warnings: Did started to lose steam towards the end and I think it shows a tiny bit. Alsonotfullyproofedread but hush hush.

.-----.

It all started a few weeks ago.

Joe had unsurprisingly lost another match. Ever since Piston Hondo went back to the Minor Circuit - he's been ruthless and shown no mercy for his opponents.  Joe included.

Not even one punch in before he was blinded with Piston's signature "Hondo Rush".  [Piston would, later on, apologize for being so rough on him.] But hey! Instead of going down at 45 seconds like usual - he lasted a whole 50 seconds! A new record for the Frenchman!

Didn't help the bruising, however. The nurses did show the man some compassion and actually helped bandage him.  Though they did a poor job at it, Joe would have to re-clean his wounds before putting his clothes back on.

So he waits in the locker room, waiting for Kaiser's match with Aran to end so the two could go home. 

Joe lets his mind wander for a bit, thinking about the session change. Summer had just turned to autumn - seemingly sudden it seems.  Many of the boxers would be going home for the upcoming holidays, and WVBA starting to close up shop till next year. Despite loving autumn, Joe loathed having to return to his side job. [Though better than doing nothing till the next year]

Piston suddenly speaking breaks Joe from his thoughts.

"Never knew you liked beer," Piston said, Joe looked at the man confused. "I don't," Joe recalled all the times beer left him throwing up and his head throbbing. "This," Piston pulled out a pack of beer that had his name written on the side, "Says otherwise," Though sloppy and spelled incorrectly, it indeed had his name. Joe grabbed the pack from Piston, noticing a note tied to the box.

Joe grabbed the pack from the man, analyzing it.

The note, still as messy as ever, read:

"Figured you wanted to numb the pain, better than those shit nurses did."

A gift? For him?

Joe felt a little flustered, and guilty too.  Beer tastes bloody disgusting to the man - but the thought was nice - so maybe this time he'll be able to tolerate the taste.  Joe opened a can of beer and took a tiny tip - before he immediately gagged at the taste - bitter.

Joe can hear Piston's quiet chuckle and gives him a quick stare - cheeks slowing in pink as he does. Joe threw the can away, not bothering to even finish it.

The gift was odd - but he just assumed it was a one-off deal, nothing more.

How wrong he was.