Chapter Sixteen- Selfish

Chapter Sixteen-

Moth

"This is ridiculous. I haven't seen that asshole in years. I'm almost seventeen. Can't I just live at home by myself?" I groan, sitting in an uncomfortable chair across from Angela. She's a social worker and she's assigned to my case.

"I understand your frustration and I do sympathize with your situation, but he is your father. He pays child support, and his name is on your birth certificate. Unless he does something that shows he isn't capable of caring for you, our hands are tied. Your mother is not in a good place right now. I know you want to be with her, but she's going to get the help she needs. Once she does you'll be free to return here if that's what you choose."

She sits back in her chair and looks at me. I hate when people look at me like that. I half expected her to pinch my cheek and say 'Poor little boy'. I don't want pity from anyone. I'm old and mature enough to handle things like this. As far as I'm concerned, my life is pretty fucking great.

"This is stupid. He's a drunk. You'll think he'll do any better than my mom? At least she loves me."

"You're sixteen, Timothy. You know right and wrong by now. Having drugs around a child is not right. The condoms in your room also indicate that you've been intimate with your boyfriend. Since you're sixteen we wouldn't normally be concerned about it, but your mother mentioned that he's only fifteen, right? He hasn't reached the age of consent yet. You're lucky his parents aren't cruel or they could have a case against you."

"I have a sneaking suspicion that they'd rather call CPS and force me to move thousands of miles away. You think you're so smart, don't you? First of all, for all you know, I could've been fucking someone else. Who's to say I'm not cheating? Second, I have no idea what drugs you're talking about and lastly," I lie, crossing my arms over my chest to narrow my eyes at her. I've wanted to pull this rich kid card since I realized my brother is getting railed every night by someone with a law degree. "I want my lawyer."

"This isn't an interrogation. They found weed in your house that easily could've been accessed by you or any other kids that have been in your house. What's done is already done. Nothing you say now will change the outcome."

"I think it's none of your fucking business what my mom or I do." I snap at her. "I have stuff to do. Can't you just call me or come by my brother's house later?"

"During the proceedings of the investigation, you're welcome to stay with a relative or friend, but it should only last about a day. I'm sorry. I do feel for you, but it might be time to contact your father and discuss plans for moving."

I stand up and straighten my clothes with a little sigh. "I'll see myself out then. You have my brother's address."

I leave the room and start walking down the hall, stopping in my tracks when I see Fizzle and Andrew waiting there for me. Fizzle notices me and rushes over, throwing his arms around me in a hug. I hug him back, putting my arms around his shoulders because he's shorter than I am.

"I'm sorry. They wouldn't let us see you until you finished talking with someone. We canceled our plans for tonight so we could stay with you. We're trying to figure something out but it might take a while to find a way for you to stay with us." He explains, pulling away to look at me.

Andrew walks over too and sighs. "I pulled some strings and found out who called about it. Word of advice, next time you get a boyfriend, make sure his parents don't hate your guts."

"Can we stop by their house? I need to see Frankie." I mumble. I don't care if Sawyer and Teagan are the ones who reported my mom. That doesn't have anything to do with Frankie and it won't change how much I love him either.