Chapter Thirteen- Mural

Chapter Thirteen-

Frankie

I thought the world was ending when Sawyer agreed to let me hang out with Moth and his friends this weekend. I can barely beg him for an hour alone in my bedroom with the door wide open. Granted, I had a long talk with Teagan about it.

I know how Sawyer feels about things, but since the day I signed that consent form, Teagan is just as much my parent as Sawyer is and it's about time Sawyer lets him act like it. The difference is that Teagan trusts me and respects me as a person. I don't doubt that Sawyer loves me. He does, but it's the way an owner loves a dog. He'd do anything for me, but he still makes all my decisions for me and doesn't trust me by myself. Teagan talked to him for me.

Part of me feels bad that I'm telling white lies to them. I know they said they don't want us alone together, and to stay with a group if we're hanging out. I said that I would, but the first thing Moth and I did was go to his room to make out and do... other stuff. I know I should listen to them, but it's just so hard.

Everything Moth does turns me on. It's almost embarrassing how often I'm thinking of that stuff. Every time he plays with his lip rings it reminds me how much he likes sucking my dick. When he runs his hand through his hair it makes me think of him pulling mine. Then he always notices me staring and just smirks and winks at me like he knows exactly what I'm thinking about. It's almost enough to make me explode.

When he saw the look on my face he excused us from the group and took me to his room. I think his libido is just as high as mine. He's just not as embarrassed about it.

Luckily the music the rest of the band was playing was loud enough to make me comfortable with it. However, we only got one round in before they got bored without us and started making moaning noises right outside. 'They' means Jonis and Caspian.

I hate to be a prude but I can't get it on when I know our friends are listening on the other side of the door. Moth is always so respectful. At the first sign of discomfort, he stops immediately. I love that about him. Even when I feel bad for saying no, or don't say no at all, he stops. I guess I'm used to people feeling like what I can do for them is more important than what I want.

"You're staring, Barbie."

"I like looking at you," I reply, watching him strum the guitar as Gwen nags Caspian and Jonis for being off.

Gwen turns around to glare at him when she hears us talking. "And don't think you're off the hook either. Maybe stop flirting with your boyfriend long enough to play the right notes."

"I do play the right notes. It's not my fault you can't decide how long you want to hold for."

"If you were smart you'd be watching me to see when I stop singing."

"You're being a little harsh, pumpkin," Jonis tells her with an awkward smile.

Moth laughs. "She's more like a Jack-o-lantern."

"I'm sorry that you can't take criticism. Let me know when you're done needing someone to hold your hand and wipe your ass. I already have a baby. I don't need three more." She snaps, walking toward the mini-fridge. "Laila, you're doing great, thank you for bringing your brain with you to practice. I guess everyone else left theirs at home."

I'm getting used to Gwen's intense attitude when it comes to their music. I felt really bad for the guys at first, but I know that they all think her harsh insults are a joke. It doesn't hurt their feelings. Half the time they laugh in her face about it.

Gwen takes a drink of the water she got before putting it on the coffee table. She sits next to me on the couch and sighs. "We can go again later. You guys need a break. Maybe you'll be able to find the talent you clearly misplaced."

"I told you we shouldn't let her sing today. It goes to her head." Caspian tucks his drumsticks into his pocket and sighs. "She's gonna be a total diva for the rest of the day."

"All in favor of ditching practice today?" Moth asks, raising his hand. The rest of the guys raise theirs too. After Caspian leans over to whisper something in Laila's ear, she agrees as well.

"Fine. If you want to slack off then feel free." Gwen crosses her arms over her chest, huffing before moving around to pack her things.

"Do you all want to go with me to watch my sister finish her mural downtown?" Caspian asks. Jonis and Gwen decline, mentioning something about wanting to spend more time with Ava, their daughter.

Moth sits on the couch next to me and answers for us. "Franks and I can go as long as we stay with a group."

When Corduroy and Laila also agree, we all start to get our things together. It's nice to get some time with my friends again. Being grounded until I'm 50 would've sucked even with Will and I scheming to get around the rules.

I put my backpack on and Moth does as well, carrying his in front of him. We walk up the steps and go to leave the house. I almost say goodbye to his mom, but quickly remember that she hasn't been out of her room in a few days, so her normal spot on the couch is empty. Moth doesn't talk about it.

He's mentioned that she's done this in the past. She goes through waxes and wanes, and he tries to ignore the extremes of how her emotions come and go. She smokes to help subdue her depression and feel motivated enough to do the basics like paying the bills and making sure she doesn't starve. Moth is still stuck doing everything on his own.

In my house, I can't even imagine waking up without having breakfast ready and my lunch for school packed. I'm capable of doing that stuff on my own, but Teagan and Sawyer never make me.

They take care of me because, as much as I act like an adult, I'm still the kid, and they're the parents. It seems like Moth's mom is more of a kid than he is. He has to pick up the slack when it comes to cooking and cleaning. He makes sure that she eats and he double-checks that the bills are all taken care of. I feel bad for him. He's only 16. He shouldn't have to do that.

Despite how much I want to, I don't ask about her much. I know he doesn't want to focus on her, so I do my best to distract him. He likes having time with me away from his house because then he can focus on positive things. He's even been talking to his brother again. Granted, most of the talking doesn't consist of pleasantries, but they're getting there. He hit it off with Andrew too.

It's kind of surprising in some ways. Something about Andrew makes me wary of him. I don't think he's necessarily a bad person, but there's a hint of darkness in his eyes when he looks at people. Moth doesn't seem to notice it, or at least doesn't mind. Honestly, I think it's a good thing that he's finding people to count on besides his mom.

He leads me to his motorcycle and hands me my helmet. "I thought Sawyer threw this in the trash?"

"I got it out and cleaned it up. It's yours, Frankie. I don't care what he wants. I'm never going to let anyone take you from me." He assures me as I put it on. I still have a little scratch on my chin from when Sawyer practically ripped it off my head.

I'd never made him so angry before, but the more I think about it, the worse I feel for being so inconsiderate. I scared my whole family. They thought something had happened to me. I have to work on being a better kid.

I text Sawyer that we're going to see Caspian's sister finish her painting before tucking my phone back into my pocket and climbing on the motorcycle. I cling tightly to Moth as he pulls off, following Caspian's car.