25.

8 x 5 Loss Love and Legacy

All the residents and attendings are in the lecture hall for grand rounds when Meredith, Alex, Cristina and Cassandra walk in.

" Can't believe Altman postponed our surgery for grand rounds. It's just a boring lecture." Cristina says as she sits down

" Your husband says it was mandatory." Cassandra says as she hands Jackson his coffee before sitting down next to him.

" One more hour of sleep. That's what it is." Alex says as he rolls up his coat to a pillow.

" Oh no, this will not be boring." April says all excited about the lecture. " It's Jackson's mom, Kathrine Avery."

" What?" Cassandra says surprised looking over at Jackson.

" She's the urologist right?" Meredith asks, turning to face Jackson.

" Yeah, I met her when I was an intern at Mercy west. She's amazing." April explains.

" She's a lunatic." Jackson says playing with his coffee cup.

" No, She's not. She's brilliant." April says almost fangirling over her. " She says these things that shock you, but when you think about them later they change your whole life."

" Or they ruin your whole life. She's toxic. She's a meddler. My mom has no boundaries. Be warned" Jackson says, making Cassandra even more nervous.

" Is that why you tried to make me go visit my mom or any one of my sisters?" Cassandra asks.

" What? Oh. You tried to ship Cassie..." Cristina starts. " Wow. Who tries to hide his girlfriend under a rock when his mom comes to town?"

" Someone who's got a hypocritical surgeon for a mom. I get it." Meredith says looking back at Jackson.

" Well, It's okay. I would probably do the same thing. My mom isn't a surgeon but very over protective. You've meet her." Cassandra says with a small smile.

" Oh yeah." Meredith says, laughing a little.

" Your mom is nice and sweet, I've met her." Jackson says, looking at Cassandra.

" Yeah, After I was shot and she didn't know we were together. If she knew it would be a whole other conversation." Cassandra says with a small smile.

" Wait a second. How often do you talk to my mom?" Jackson asks April.

" We're facebook friends." April answers with a smile.

" You and my mother?" Jackson asks, confused.

" She's a brilliant surgeon and woman. She's a trailblazer." April says, fangirling over her again.