17.

7 x 15 Golden hour

It's late and the last hour of shift

It's late and the last hour of shift. Cassandra is in the ER talking to Christina at the nurses station when Meredith walks up to them.

" Are you two gonna help me or just sit there and eat potato chips?" Meredith asks, handing the chart over to a nurse.

" I performed four back to back fem-pop bypasses today. This is the first chair I've seen since 7 am. And this is the first food I've had since yesterday, I chose potato chips." Christina says while eating a chip.

" I just did a ten hour surgery with Robbins." Cassandra says, taking a chip from Christina's bag.

" You might wanna get that." Christina says, pointing at the ringing phone as she leans back in her chair.

" You two are impossible." Meredith says laughing as she picks up the phone. " Seattle grace mercy west emergency."

" She brought this on herself." Christina says.

" I know, She volunteered to help run the ER." Cassandra responds.

" Got it. We've got a suspected appy on a 60 year old, Let's page Bailey." Meredith says, hanging up the phone and talking to the nurse before turning to Christina and Cassandra. " You know, I saw a need and I filled it, like any good chief resident candidate."

" Sadomasochistic chief resident, maybe." Christina says.

" What is up with you?" Cassandra asks, looking at Meredith.

" Yeah, You're all perky and cheerful." Christina continues.

" You know, it's the fertility drugs." Meredith says with a smile.

" So... " Christina says. " Callie mentioned a thing or it may not be a thing. At least, I hope it doesn't become a thing."

" Hey, I got a patient with a headache, better after sumatriptan. He's ready to be discharged. Just need you to sign off..." Lexie says walking up to them and handing Meredith the chart.

" Is he neurologically intact? You did a CT?" Meredith asks, looking through the chart.

" I did, It was negative. Most interesting thing about this guy is that he came into the ER with a glorified migrain, with a girlfriend from hell." Lexie says.

" Which one is she? Just point with your eyes." Christina says.

As Lexie looks back around at the gril Christina, Cassandra and Meredith look the same way seeing the girlfriends. Then Meredith hands Lexie the chart and Lexie walks away.

" So Callie had a thing." Meredith says.

" Yeah." Christina starts. " She wants me to be her baby's godmother."

" You said no to that right? You gotta say no to that." Meredith says before walking away leaving Cassandra and Christina in schoked.

" I hope she understands that I'll be an aunt to both." Cassandra says. " Can't really say no to that label. Plus I already have like 100 nieces and nephews."