3.

Give peace a chance ( 6 x 7 )

Cassandra and Derek are looking at scans when Isaac, a radiologic technologist at the hospital walks in

" Dr. Shepherd" Isaac says as he walks up to the two.

" Issac, If you don't stop calling me Dr Shepherd, I'm seriously gonna need to cut you off" Derek says with a smile.

" Right, Forgot. Derek" Issac says. " I have the scans, Derek" Isaac continues.

" I didn't order any scans." Derek says, a bit confused.

" They're for a consult" Isaac says " But I can come back later if you're busy." Isaac continues.

" No, It's okay." Derek says.

Isaac takes down the current scans who's still hanging up and puts up the new scans he came in with. When Cassandra sees the tumor she can't believe her eyes, she pinches Derek to see if it was real.

" Ouch!" Derek says, looking over at his little sister. " Why did you do that?" Derek asks confused by what his sister did.

" I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming" Cassandra says, looking at the scans.

" But pinching me?" He asks even more confused.

" Yeah, If I was dreaming you wouldn't say anything" Cassandra says smiling a little.

" Why did you think you were dreaming?" Derek asks

" Because that's a hemangioblastoma in the spinal cord. That is a once in a lifetime surgery." Cassandra says not being able to take her eyes off it. " This could be your birthday present for me. To let me scrub in." She says.

" What?" Isaac looks at Cassandra.

" This is a once in a lifetime surgery, See the tumor has worked it's way up the spine. It's incredible." Cassandra says

" Do you know if the patient still has leg function?" Derek asks, looking over at Isaac.

" Yes" Isaac answers.

" Incredible, The person should be paralyzed even dead" Cassandra says finally taking her eyes off the scans and over to Isaac. She looks at him then over to the scan before looking back to Isaac again. " It's yours Isn't it. The tumor is yours" Cassandra says.

" Yeah, It's mine" Isaac says, a bit impressed that Cassandra could figure it out.

While getting new scans, Derek has called in Mark to discuss if he's gonna operate.

" You know what this is about right? You're not longer daddy's favorite so you've gone in search of a crazy - ass tumor to get his love back." Mark says as he looks at the scans.

"Don't talk him out of this Mark." Cassandra.

"Cassie, Quiet now." Derek says.

"Fine." Cassandra says.