fourteen

master of archery

𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 calm and flowy like the wind along with focused eyes straight to the front where the target viciously stares into your eyes

still as stone, you released your fingers and allowed the wind to carry your arrow to the target. the tsurune sound was loud, and your arrow hit where you have targeted with your eyes alone.

you haven't done this in a while. all ever since the first kidnap. you have partially forgotten that you are an archer, not a markswoman. and now, you're here to remind yourself that archery is one of your top priorities. besides skateboards and copying homeworks.

"incroyable. it's a perfect shot."

jeez.

this voice.

this voice is so calming yet it starts to tickle and crawl under your skin everytime you hear it. the voice of julian. he manages to always appear out of nowhere, when you are in your peak hour or busy. he will show up with a congratulatory message.

you frowned and lowered your bow, turning to the direction of the exterior entrance.

"what. do you want now." you demanded, an obviously annoyed look on your face, before you lit up a little.

this is déjà vu!!!

like in chapter five, the same thing happened.

except i'm writing it in a different way. trust me. pls. if no one's gonna trust me then one fo you guys can right..

anyways.

"i can't watch a friend shoot arrows?" julian replied, looking at your fresh and clean shot. "really, i don't think there's ever a moment where i was never impressed with your shots."

whatever he said sort of confused you so you grimaced a little, trying to tickle your brain to understand a little bit.

"hey. you once shot an overlapped arrow against mine. do it again," you held your bow, wanting to see how he could so easily shoot an arrow over yours.

i mean, you are the most skilled archer in tokyo. you can obviously do an overlap too, but you never knew anyone that could do it with such ease.

"you want me to shoot an arrow?" julian asked, not sure if you're serious or not.

you simply hummed in response and urged him to take the bow. your bow. a gift from your grandfather who owns a dojo and provides sword and arrow trainings to dedicated students.

that bow alone holds many great memories of your archery journey, and you are about to hand it over to a soccer player or some gang leader to touch his skin on it.

"okay," julian replied softly before taking the bow and positioned himself in a kyudo stance.

he shot an arrow, which missed.

then he shot another. it missed.

"shoot the arrow properly. i will quit your stupid organisation if you don't do this shit properly, french kid," you sternly said, crossing your arms, eyes seriously looking at julian when he looked at you in shock.

uh oh.

your inner club captain came out. and julian felt some fear building up inside of him. maybe because he full well knows that you are the kyudo club captain and that rumours has it that you are extremely terrifying when it comes to training.

"hands straight, tilt the bow up a little, don't pull the string too back, and be extremely calm when you're about to release your fingers," you said.

julian loki took it to heart and did allat.

his shot hit the target, but not your arrow. it was hit right beside your arrow, though. it must be good enough for you, seeing that you shrugged.

from where you stood, you informally stanced and quickly shoot an arrow, it easily overlapping the arrow julian just shot 00.2 seconds ago.

this is the first time you ever did something better ever since knowing the existence of julian loki.

"don't ever forget that arrows are my specialty. not bullets. but then again, this is the modern world so technically they work the same," you gave julian a look which he couldn't really describe what was it.

but he could easily tell that you knew what you were doing ever since you agreed to be the eye and markswoman of the gang. one thing you proved to him: you will never disappoint him.

and he learned another thing. to never mess with your career with archery. or even get into your way when it comes to archery.

a/n: chase atlantic's mamacitamv just released 🙀🙀

mv just released 🙀🙀