Mariyam Vs. Mayriam

This the battle of the century fr

Also leave me be I wanna align the text in the middle this time okay? My text no one else's

Anyways this is inspired off of that meme I made with the Mariyam plush

TW for violence

Legs go

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

It all began at the library, where Mariyam was checking out some books on quantum physics to study.

And that's when it happened.

Someone walked through the doors, and Mariyam turned around to see her. The two made intense eye contact.

'Who may that be?' Mariyam silently contemplated.

The woman's eyes were almost exactly those of Mariyam's. Her outfit was almost exactly that of Mariyam's too. Instead of a white shoulder-less top and a long black skirt, the woman wore a white t-shirt and long black wide pants.

The eye contact intensified. They both stared at each other, unblinking and unmoving. Until Mariyam put the books they were going to check out down on a table beside them. Their eyes were screaming, 'Copycat!' As they stared.

"Oh, that's so cute! We're wearing matching colors!" The woman said cheerfully, running up to Mariyam. Mariyam backed up at her presence.

"We are in a library. You mustn't talk so loud," Mariyam said quietly.

"Oh, wow! What's your name?" The woman asked, seemingly ignoring Mariyam.

"Oh, I go by Mariyam," Mariyam replied quietly, hoping she would take a hint. "And yours?"

"Oh, my name is Mayriam. Nice to meet you!" The woman said cheerfully.

"Nice to meet you too," Mariyam replied, trying to be polite.

'Wait a minute. Mariyam... Mayriam... isn't that-?' Mariyam thought next.

"Isn't your name mine backwards?" Mariyam asked, shifting her tone.

"Is it? Oh, I think it is! Wow! What a coinkydink!" Mayriam laughed.

"I guess so," Mariyam agreed, although they didn't find it very entertaining. And as a gesture of their uncomfort, Mariyam picked up the books and went to check them out, not saying a word. Mayriam stared at them, waiting.

Once Mariyam was done, they went to go out the door, only to be stopped by Mayriam. "Hey, do you wanna go birdwatching with me and my brother?" Mayriam asked as soon as she caught sight with Mariyam.

"Oh, no thanks. I have better things to do at the moment," Mariyam said.

"Like what?" Mayriam asked.

"Like... studying these books, taking care of my turtle, figuring out what's wrong with you..." Mariyam said, saying the last part very quietly. "You know, the usual."

"Huh. Okay. Well, I guess I'll see you around then," Mayriam said with subtle disappointment in her voice.

"You too," Mariyam replied, and walked out. As soon as they exited the library and looked behind themself, they let out an exasperated sigh. As they walked home, they felt a sense of paranoia. They felt as if they were being watched.