Do You Trust Me?

Chapter 22
I wake up in a dark room. The windows are covered. I sit up on the bed and look around dazed and confused. I then notice a blurry figure sitting across from me on the bed. I stare at the figure till my vision is repaired.

And of course it's Hunter staring at me worried. We stare at each other for a while. Then as I get up to leave he stops me. "Sit." he says quietly. I ignore him and get off the bed. "Sit!" he commands coldly. I obey and sit back on the bed.

The room is quite for a few minutes before Hunter speaks up. "It all started off when I was around 13 when my dad died. He was like a leader to me, a hero...my hero. He meant everything to me. When he died I lost it and isolated myself from everyone. A year and a half went by then...my older sister died. Someone killed her on her way home one night. That was when I lost it. I became out of control and got mad at the smallest things. I became really bipolar, and just rebelled, thinking that everyone was against me." he looks up from his hands that he had been playing with.

With a deep sigh he continues. "I kept on coming home late hanging out in the street. A few months later, I joined a gang." he confesses. He's jaw clenches tightly then realises. He starts glaring at his hands.

"They're amazing people. Always there for one another. All had a story. All had problems. They were my new family. I joined the gang because I was scared, and angry. I needed the protection and so did my family. I was also angry at myself for letting not only my farther die, but my sister get killed. I thought I was pathetic and useless. Thought needed to toughen up. After joining the gang I started boxing. After a few practices I started street fighting. Fights after fights after fights. And they were all bloody and dangerous. i also started competing in under ground fights. I was 15 by then. In one of my fights that I won. I made an enemy Antonia Sanchez. It's not like I don't already have one, because I do I have many. But this one was like no other piece of shit. Worst part of it all I found out he had part in my sister's murder." It becomes silent for a while. The air had a lot of tension in it.

"Since then I've always wanted to kill him. What you saw early wasn't my first time killing someone. I've done it many times before. And that person I killied was one of Sanchez's man." he chuckles at his words. I became a bit stiff at the info. I now fear for my life more then ever. Hunter looks at me for a while. He moves closer. I move away. He sighs before looking away.

"I don't kill for enjoyment you know. None of them were willingly. I didn't want to...I had to." he states. I shake my head at his words. "There's never a reason to kill someone. No one has to kill." I say timidly. Hunter's head turn my way, and gives me a cold glare. "That's not true. There's so many reason to kill a person. Mostly when it comes to keeping your loved ones safe." he says coldly. I glare at him. "So to keep the ones you love safe, you kill another's? How the hell is that fair?" I hiss.
Hunter gives me a death glare. "You wouldn't understand shit!" he yells. I flinch back.

From there the room becomes silent again. "I'm only telling you this to keep you safe." he says. "From what? What are you keeping me safe from?" I ask angrily. "The people who are after you. The people who want you dead. The other ganags my enemies." he states. I'm now confused and fuming. "They're you enemies! Not mine! What the hell do I have to do with any of this?" I ask. "Because you with me!" he yells. "I have nothing to do with you! I've only known you for a month! There's no relationship between us!" I yell. Hunyer flinches at my words but I ignore it. "You know what Hunter here's what you keep you distance and I'll keep mine. Then there's no problem and no bad guys following me." I state getting up leaving.

Hunter grabs my risk and yanks mr back on the bed not letting go. "You think that'll work?" he laughs coldly. "That'll do shit! You stuck with me whether you like it or not. I don't have to protect you. I could just let them kill your ignorant ass! Then I wouldn't have a problem! It could be so freaking simple that way!" he yells. Now I'm terrified, and crying. "But I choose not to. Because I actually care about you. I want to keep you safe. I need you to just trust me." he whispers. "Please." he pleads, as he wripes a tear away from my face.

I push him away from me. "I'm sorry I don't think I can." I whisper looking at my hands. "Well than princess guess we're doing things the hard way. Sorry to say this but there's no escaping this. Your stuck with me. You'll have to whether you want you or not. You did this to yourself, you caused this. So you'll just have to suffer the consequences." With that he leaves the room.

I lay on the bed and just think. How the hell is this my fault? What did I do? Why am I involved in he's shitty problems? God please help!